The Dark Mod Forums

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Arcturus

I have the special edition of the first part. This is really a good merchandise. It has a good difficulty and the mechanics are quite different then in other rpg's. Never completed it, though.

But what is the very best is that the developers are thinking that DRM is total bullshit (at least it's what they are saying). I think this is reason enough to buy there games ( :wub: in remembrance of the good old times, and to push eastern developers a bit).

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Both previous games were excellent, aside from some neglectable points. Better go play, Obstsalat! ;) Things really start to get fun on high difficulty, since you absolutely need alchemy then. That makes it a lot more interesting!

Aaaaaaaaaaaand another *funny* nick for me.

I had a real issue getting used to the controls in the first game. I played for maybe an hour or hour and a half and could NOT get used to the control scheme and then shelved it and decided I hated it! Then we swung in to a gaming lull, not many new games coming out, and I reinstalled it and gave it a fair shake and I have to say now that it is one of my favorite games of all time. (the first one) I've since played through it 3 times and would again its that good. Obsttorte, you're doing yourself a real disservice by not finishing the first game, IMO.

The second had a more free flowy combo style which I have to say after getting used to the first game was a bit of a shock. Though it was easier to move around and attack I felt the combos were executed much better in the first game. That being said the second game was also very good and I'll definitely be picking up the third iteration. Love the series.

Hopefully they won't do like everyone else and ruin everything in the franchise with the third game.

Kinda like Mass Effect. Wow I absolutely loved the first game and was looking forward to the second. Then the devs listened to all the whiny bitching customers in their forums and changed so many things in the second game and it wasn't half the game the first was as a result. Such a shame. Didn't bother buying ME3 because of that.

Edited by Lux

Back in the day, STiFU pointed me to The Witcher 1 as one of the must-haves in gaming. I'm still happy that I had followed his advice. A few days ago I started with The Witcher 2. So far, I am impressed with graphics, storyline and controls. Obstler, if you are unsure if this really is your kind of game, I recommend buying it on Steam if it's available for a small price. If you are even remotely into smart, adult and grown-up story and great gameplay mechanics, you should give it a try.

EDIT: Right now, Steam offers a 66% discount for Witcher 2, lowering the price to very affordable 6,79€. And once you got the game on Steam, you can always register it on GOG.com and get a DRM-free version there. That's what I did, anyway.

Edited by 7upMan

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

As I said I'd never completed it, I meant I was somewhere in the third chapter or so. So I've already played it a lot, but somehow lost motivation to the end. But it was a good game and I guess I'll replay it once I find the time.

Anyways, it has the same weaknesses as all rpg's have: too much walking and to much conversation. I'm still waiting for a rpg that has not one single piece of conversation ;)

I read a lot of choose-your-own-adventure books as a kid and I loved the story lines in the Witcher series. I like the dialogue, conversation, and story and I think that makes or breaks a game and induces immersion if done correctly.

The awesomeness of the witcher series comes from the believability of the storyline. Everything feels so real instead of fable-like, like most other rpgs. It's really a dark, medieval atmosphere.

I'm still waiting for a rpg that has not one single piece of conversation ;)

That's called a shooter or hack 'n slay. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I will need a new card to even run this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqQ3LeBgGDM&feature=share&list=PLa23C9cgXXk0MczCBYTMu_4jVxvtWM335

The city is perfect.

A friend of mine has the Radeon 7970 and he couldn't run assassins of kings in full detail,at all.He had like 2 fps.So yeah : ).Apart from that though,it was an incredible game, one of my favorite CRPGs, hope the third is just as good.

Damn it, I had to upgrade my system for the last one already. I can't afford this!

I'm looking forward to the graphics feast if nothing else. I loved Witcher 1 but the follow-up was way too closed-world for my taste. Not just the restricted progression, or the ridiculously hard boss & critter fights (granted, I never choose easy setting), but the map also felt like something out of the 90s with the player hemmed in on every side by invisible walls. I hate not being able to step over a dandelion.

• 1 month later...

Why has this man allways gray hair and sports around like a young man?! I never played the series but I heard this game is mostly about having sex with NPCs...

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager