The Dark Mod Forums

Time to say a big thank you :)

chakkman

A huge thanks and congratulations! To be honest I never thought 2.0 would see the light of 2013; possibly never see the light of ever! Thought, even to say so, just to give you some spite-me juice. But thought again against. Anyway... I'm very impressed, thankful and excited. (And already enjoying "Requiem", I'm hardly out the door and it's already, as touted, _very_ cool. _All_ kinds of goodness).

Beautiful.

I did want to mention, in case it hasn't been stated flat-out, that I think you must make a simple (no spaces) path even on Windows.

A big, BIG thank you to everyone who contributed to this project, I am thrilled to see its standalone release and have been having a blast so far. I have been following TDM for years and it's so impressive to see how it has grown since the early days. Now let's get this baby on Steam (so I can get my unenlightened friends in on the fun)! :)

Hello all. Delighted to find out about TDM today via a Tek Syndicate video where v2 was mentioned! I was a huge Thief 1 and 2 fan and after playing v2 for a couple of hours tonight it's just brilliant. Atmosphere, sfx, level design, brutality of the enemies, etc really help to immerse you in the world and reminds me a lot of what made the originals so great. It feels very close to a "real" Thief game and not what appears to be an overly scripted, action focused and commercialized for the console Thief 4!!

Big thank you to all involved!!! :o:ph34r::blink:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've got to say, I'm really enjoying the improvements made in 2.01. My success rate of hiding bodies in the shadows has increased greatly. I'm also really liking that I can no longer just run backwards and avoid attacks. The new slash sound effect for when the player attacks an enemy is great :D ,but when the player gets hit with a sword, a thud sound is still made :( It's also nice to have the enemy's attack damage back to normal. Springheel's new female face models are quite lovely too!

Thanks again!

Edited by SirGen

• 3 months later...

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this, but

I just saw a ghost pick its nose and wipe it on its armor :):D:laugh: It made me laugh so hard!

In the mission: Dragon's Claw

Edit

I just realized that the thread for the FM that I saw it in would be appropriate :blush:

Edited by SirGen
  • Like 1

It's good here too because it's a mod animation (isn't it), so that's who deserves credit.

• Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.