Photo

Fan Mission: Penny Dreadful by Melan (2013/07/28)

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4451 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:55 PM

Note: This mission has been released in an updated version. This update contains minor bugfixes, and cuts down on file size by removing duplicate assets which have been incorporated into the TDM core since the mission's release (24 instead of 72 MB!). Thanks are due to my testers, Bikerdude, lowenz, nbohr1more and Oldjim. :)

• Sotha, nbohr1more and Anderson like this
Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#102 161803398874989

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:24 AM

I'm sorry to say I couldn't finish this properly (without cheats). Story as to why in spoiler because spoilers.

Spoiler

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

#103 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4451 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

Well, there are at least four ways out of there. In order of obscurity:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#104 Deadlove

Deadlove

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

Spoiler

I did this the first time I played this mission, lost a lot of playtime.

Plastik Musik - Andrew Nathan Kite, Owner

plastikmusik33@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/plastikmusik /

http://www.youtube.com/plastikmusik

http://www.plastikmusik.bandcamp.com

#105 Philflound

Philflound

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:06 AM

I haven't finished the mission but I can at any time. I've found many ways to get through everything short of 2 areas:

Spoiler

Edited by Philflound, 21 October 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#106 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4451 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:05 AM

Philflound:

Spoiler

#107 Philflound

Philflound

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Ah, you tease. BTW, I have both versions the first and the update. Do I need to play the first release? I did play the first version here. I don't want to lose something good by only playing the update. I wound up knocking all the people out and killing all the undead. Gave me free reign to look about without worry. Fits with your brute force. :)

I see you say you fixed some bugs. I ran into only one true bug. It was in the room going down that had 3 sort of circles above the door. There are coffins leaning on angles and at the end the coffin is open and standing up. I mantled on top of that one and temporarily went through the ceiling and saw many other rooms for 1 second. I didn't get stuck and it put me below the ceiling, but I just wanted to point that out.

Phil

Edited by Philflound, 21 October 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#108 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4451 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:27 AM

The update is just a bugfix release, which also cuts down on file size by excluding a bunch of resources which weren't in TDM in 2013, but they are in there now. Everything else is identical, so you aren't losing anything.

We didn't catch that bug; I have noted it, and if there is another release, it will be fixed. :)

#109 whoop

whoop

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:46 PM

Very cool mission...

Spoiler

• Bikerdude likes this

#110 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16736 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

Good looking mission (as expected!) and some good non-obvious-but-reason-out-able climbs - though I wasn't surprised to read in this thread that not everyone found them. But I suspect I didn't find everything. In particular was a...

Spoiler

Very enjoyable and I'll start No.2 soon as I can. :D

• Melan and Anderson like this

#111 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4451 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:08 PM

Thanks, Fidcal! The mission...

Spoiler

#112 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:26 AM

Here's a playthrough of this FM:

• Melan likes this
"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

#113 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

It's taking a while to get to this level, so I figured you'd want to know that you reminded me of a song.

Once I return from the trip I'm on, I'll be recording the route I've made

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#114 lightningline

lightningline

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

I am embarresed to say since I have been a taffer for almosy 17 years  but I cant even get out of the area in the start with the one guard roaming around, scratch that. Dead now so i can focus, and still no light bulb. No hints please. Just spoil it. I have wasted an hour of my life already roaming the same small area. Thankyou in advance. -light-

#115 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20320 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Look for something to climb up, think organic....

#116 lightningline

lightningline

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

Please. I said spoil it....I still am stuck.   Edit: I guess I am not a complete moron. I got it. Thanks.

Edited by lightningline, 22 July 2016 - 06:09 PM.

#117 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5475 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

Biker's saying
Spoiler

Edit. Well looks like you got it so game on.
Posted Image

#118 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:14 PM

Melan, I think it's time to bite the bullet and make a mission titled "Acrobat in the Dark".

You clearly want to.

Edited by V-Man339, 15 September 2016 - 06:14 PM.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#119 Cynical

Cynical

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:56 PM

Gave this a shot last night.

Looked great, and had amazing performance for the downright nuts level of detail, but I ran into a lot of snags on playability.  The first one, and the one that really set up the frustration for the others, is that both the zombies and the skeletons stayed in perma-alert once they had seen me once (I thought this was intentional at the time and was just annoyed by what I thought was an inexplicable design decision, but judging from an earlier post where someone reported it happening with the skeletons as a bug, maybe it's not intentional?)  Given the high enemy density and no holy water (as a side note, I'm never a fan of stealth game design with minimal elasticity, and with no holy water, this seems like a prime example of that, since you can't kill the relevant patrols in the mission), it meant that I had to keep moving constantly or risk getting cornered, which in turn made exploration really onerous.

And, I'm sure you can tell "made exploration really onerous" is going...

(the rest of this is spoiler-riffic)

Spoiler

I also had the same issues that Sotha did with a spider-corpse blocking the door.  Not really your fault, but still annoying.

#120 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4451 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:13 AM

Thanks for your comments and criticism, Cynical!

#121 dmw88

dmw88

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:52 AM

What does the

Spoiler

Edited by dmw88, 20 January 2019 - 04:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users