The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Not An Ordinary Guest by Fieldmedic (2013/08/01)

DeTeEff

32 members have voted

1. 1. Unusual Gameplay Theme

2. 2. Gameplay Quality

3. 3. Aesthetics (Visuals, Story, Audio)

Ups... didn't want to double-post.

Oh well, since the post is here already, I could as well add something.

I was laughting my butt off reading my Journal on Assassin. Very nice wording :laugh:

What is the point about the

noxious moss arrows

? Seems like I missed to find the required ingredients.

The switch for the

pumps didn't do anything for me either. I would have expected it would help you get faster through the pipes.

Edited by gnartsch

How do I edit the darkmod.cfg file???

I use notepad++ to edit config files. The Darkmod.cfg file should be in your Darkmod directory. You may need to set folder options to show common file extensions.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Yes, I know there is a low loot objective but I've got the impression that some players don't like high limits so I kept it low. But as I increased the amount of loot I forgot to raise the objective so yes, it's more of the other extreme now. But the loot hounds can still pillage away :) Will add optional objectives that state 1000/2000/4000/5000 loot in ver 1.01.

Wow, I like the fact there are so many ways how to enter he hotel + you can actually finish objectives of other characters as well, even though they won´t count for your gameplay

for example, I´ve played like an assassin and I could collect money bags, which is surely objective for thief

Going through this mission at least once with whatever character you choose will definitely help you in later playthroughs - you would know locations of certain keys and objects.

So far, this is the most unusual gameplay I´ve seen (different characters + sandbox-like approach to level design), although my favourite would be Demis of the Lich Queen, just because I like story-based missions (aaand Glenham Tower is one of my all-time favourites) :)

I've played yesterday so far I'm loving the mission congrats fieldmedic :). I really like to explore a huge map and get lost XD lol but I'm having a problem :S...

where is the vault? I've already the key to go there. I've tried to go to an open window with bright light by my rope arrows but couldn't.

Stuck on Saboteur - truely the most devilish level.

How to pollute

the water ?

I found a flooded

pump room, but almost died. Pushing the switch there & returning to the pumps on the dockside did not help to make progress.

Am I on the wrong track :wacko: ?

Yeah I got it, even without "your" help, thanks anyway! But the

water pollution is still the problem

A weak hint: find the

most disgusting

place in this mission.

Finished on Saboteur!

This one was really a challenge and very different to the other two modes!

(Couldn't help myself and go for loot anyway. And even got all the large paintings in the foyer. :ph34r::blink:

Thanks to

a few boards from around the hotel and the fact that no one bothered me while erecting a little construction site!

:P

Those took me about half an hour, though.)

Some comments on gameplay.

I would have wished to see a bigger gameplay difference between Assassin and Thief, though.

maybe the Assassin should have started at the docks without just any lockpicks and the gates are locked.

Therefor he would have been forced to make his way through the pipes.

Inside, again he would need to find his way to indentify his target. First get the M-key, and with that find the Guest-Log in one of the offices, ...

Also, he should not have been able to visit the areas outside the mansion, so that playing on Thief gives some new challenges later on.

Letting the 'Thieve' start at the docks appeared to be rather pointless. The way through the pipes was neither mandatory nor obvious and - to be honest - not very advantageous either. And since I knew from Assassin how to get around the guards I ended up taking pretty much the same route as before.

On the other hand I must admit that I did not stick to my objectives and always derailed from my path to get whatever loot is possible.

I am a Thief, and I just can't help it.

Edited by gnartsch

Sounds pretty good! Not sure if this is below the kitchen, though.

Is there

a bucket surrounded by flies? There you go.... delicious!

I assume you spotted the huge water-tank already somewhere? Not tooo far away.

Can someone who was able to download this level in-game tell me the exact name of the folder that the pk4 goes into please?

(In case I wasn't very clear I'm looking for something like: NotAnOrdinaryGuest or naog)

I could also use the folder name for LIch Queen's Demise. Thanks.

Edited by SirGen

If you place the naog.pk4 into your darkmod/fms directory it should automatically create an naog folder when you install the mission by going

to the new missions area after starting TDM

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)