Photo

Fan Mission: Lords & Legacy by Kvorning (2013/08/30)

lords & legacy lordsnlegacy lnl fan mission fm

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#1 Kvorning

Kvorning

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

After a long time and a lot of delays, I'm extremely happy and relieved to announce the release date for my first map; Lords & Legacy, on Friday the 30th of August, 2013!

Lords & Legacy v.2.1

Resume:
Spoiler

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/Lj8UJ#0

Notes:
Build time: 2013/03/30 - 2013/08/30

To install, simply put the .pk4 file in your fm folder and install from the in-game mission menu.

It is a large mission with optional objectives, so make sure to save often.

The ropes in the beginning have a 'slick' surface, to simulate being 'slack lines'. They are difficult, but once you get a hang of the slide they can be fun.

A couple of the large areas can be a bit rough on performance, and can be improved by adjusting the LOD slider in video options.

A few of visportals open only when you get close. This is to keep the frames smooth inside the respective building, due to early inexperienced design.

If you find any bugs which affect the gameplay experience, then you're very welcome to post them here, but please use the spoiler tags.

Big thanks to 'Obsttorte', 'Springheel', 'Greyman', 'Bikerdude', 'Sotha' and rest of 'The Dark Mod Team'for all the help, guides and tricks.

Also thanks to the other TDM users who provided fantastic support and feedback during the build.

Thank you for beta-testing:
'Bikerdude', 'TylerVocal', 'Simplen00b', 'nbohr1more', 'Briareos H.'

Special thanks to:
'Danus', 'Dsx' & 'Stanleh' for testing, help and support.

v.2.0.1 changelog:
Bugs:
-The "Master Thief" challenge was impossible to do for a while, due to incorrect values. Fixed.
-Getting seen by "The Killer" now also fails the "Ghost" challenge.
-The 3 cardplaying guards no longer float mid air, as their chairs are now nailed to the floor.
-Fixed the sound of the furnace continuing after the flames were extinguished.
-Fixed weird glittering on the power cables around the map.
-Fixed some moonlight popping in and out.
-Fixed openable windows in Commons, clipping into the frame.
-Fixed a book dropping through a desk.
-Fixed visportals closing too close in Lancel's Tower, slight hit on performance though.
-Added more monsterclip to Service Tower and Robert's Tower's entrance.
-Improved a few vis_portals with func_portals.
-Replaced curbs in Slums and Commons with some more detailed versions and changed textures.
And a lot more little unecessary tweaks.

Gameplay:
-Added new challenge: (Jack White) - Do not knock-out anyone.
-Reduced the amount of starting gear, depending on difficulty.
-Added cubemaps to most windows on the map.
-Redid most func_statics in Commmons Quarter to reduce tris and increase performance. Draw count is still somewhat high.
-Removed all transparent windows as they didn't have actual gameplay value, just a performance drain in exchange for glitchy visuals.
-Lancel's safe can no longer be picked. Find the key!
-Added a couple minor cosmetic details in the sewers.
-Moved a coinpurse from a wealthy commoner's sleeping butt to his nightside table. Also adjusted his furniture so thieves can better move around.
-Changed sounds for several doors across the map.

Once again, a big thanks to 'Bikerdude' for taking the time help out and locate room for improvement!

v.2.0 changelog:
Bugs:
-Fixed various textures and surfaces and a few minor tweaks.
-Tweaked some sounds to be in line with TDM 2.0 changes.
-Fixed 2 certain AIs being too sensitive rather than drunk. (Thanks to AluminumHaste!)
-Tweaked LOD on some objects, to prevent windows "popping" in and out.
Gameplay:
-Added more monsterclip to the towers, so the AI can now run up and down stairs. Only the stairs in the small tower has issues still.
-Added more monsterclip in the city so the guards can follow you up all stairs.
-Added a few minor details.
-Windows in the city now dims sound, resulting in less aggro from guards and more convincing soundscape.
-Reduced 'draw calls' in all the large areas, increasing performance. The map is still heavy at certain areas.

Another big thanks to 'Bikerdude' and 'Greyman', for taking time out of their own schedules to help optimize the map's draw count and other significant adjustements!

v.1.0.3 changelog:
Bugs:
-Fixed 4 black chairs in one of the towers
-Fixed a floating painting
-Fixed several clipping objects

v.1.0.2 changelog:
Bugs:
-Fixed zfighting in the library's bookshelves
-Fixed a black window in one of the towers
-Fixed several typos in readables
Gameplay:
Spoiler

v.1.0.1 changelog:
Bugs:
-Fixed an issue with the main objectives not being in "sync".
-Fixed console spam from a script
Gameplay:
-Adjusted required loot for each difficulty from "3000, 4000 and 5000" to "2500, 3500 and 4500".

Edited by Kvorning, 01 May 2014 - 06:47 PM.

• AluminumHaste, Melan, Tarhiel and 4 others like this

#2 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12156 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yay!

Congratulations!

#3 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1431 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Should be geat, congratulations on the feat. Like the storyline so far.

#4 Robert

Robert

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Screenshots look great! I'm looking forward to playing it!

#5 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19162 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

Congrats young man,

I can honestly say even though this is Kvorning's first map you should not consider him a newbie by any stretch of the imagination. It was said that I was some sort of mapping prodigy when I first started mapping, well Kvorning has blown that little title into the weeds and slapped me a few times as he went past. This map is of sufficient calibre and mapping bling, that it would give mapping giants the likes of Grayman & Melan serious pause for thought..

You people are in for a treat, but do your selves a favour though. You'll need to watch where your going, so you don't bump into things while your gawking...

^_^

#6 zergrush

zergrush

• PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

A mission focusing on blue tones and light? Not very common in TDM so far. Will have to check it out. It's good to see that some missions are finally starting to leave the old yellow lighting paradigm. Would still like to see one based on gray/white light.

#7 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

Thank you , looking forward to it! :smile:

#8 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8214 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Outstanding mission. Like Biker said, this is a "serious" mission. You will be impressed, guaranteed.

Congrats!
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#9 Lux

Lux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Very much looking forward to this! Congrats, Kvorning!

#10 Loa4ever

Loa4ever

• PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Congratz Kvorning will looking to experience this mission :).

#11 Kvorning

Kvorning

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Thank you all so much! I'm gonna play through the map a couple of times to make sure you get the best possible version next friday.

Bikerdude, that there is one hell of a kind review and I'm honestly a bit lost for words, but thank you!

Hadn't it been for you and the other guys in credits, I wouldn't have been able to put this map together in this time frame.

#12 Goldchocobo

Goldchocobo

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Those are some of the most beautiful screens of TDM related content I have ever seen.
Congrats. I can't wait to play it.

#13 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5375 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Must ... play ... this mission :ph34r:
FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#14 Tr00pertj

Tr00pertj

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Looking forward to this release. Looks awesome.
From the screenies and descriptions so far here in this thread I can say It blows a lot of first maps out the water.

Congrats kvorning :rolleyes:

Can't wait ...

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

#15 Moonbo

Moonbo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

Looking forward to playing this one!
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

#16 Diego

Diego

Modeler

• PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

The screen shots look amazing! Tomorrow I won't be able to play it though :~ Well, sunday it is then.

#17 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5375 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

@Diego: It's Friday in a week ;)
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.

#18 Tr00pertj

Tr00pertj

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

Hay Diego: Slow down man your living in the future :rolleyes:

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

#19 Kvorning

Kvorning

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

Hehe sorry, I didn't set my release date for a week in advance just to torture you. It keeps me from changing things forever, while still having a week to play the map myself and catch a few last minute bugs.

Oh and so that people with busy schedules, who've been waiting for it, are able to plan a bit ahead for a new map :)

#20 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5375 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:44 AM

It's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's FridayIt's Friday
  • Goldwell likes this

#21 161803398874989

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Gotta get down, am I right?
You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

#22 Kvorning

Kvorning

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

It most certainly is Friday and the download link is now available!

Sorry for keeping you all waiting, but I can assure you it wasn't for nothing. Some good tweaks were done and a leak was found and sealed, improving performance in The Keep area.

Enjoy!

#23 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Downloading!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#24 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5375 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Played this mission for over an hour now. I'm not finished but I want to give some feedback.

Spoiler

I will report back after I finished it.
  • Kvorning likes this

#25 Kvorning

Kvorning

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Constructive feedback is always welcome!

Spoiler

Edited by Kvorning, 30 August 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lords & legacy, lordsnlegacy, lnl, fan mission, fm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users