Photo

Fan Mission: Lords & Legacy by Kvorning (2013/08/30)

lords & legacy lordsnlegacy lnl fan mission fm

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#201 Kvorning

Kvorning

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

I'll try to be a little vague:
Spoiler

#202 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1169 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

Thanks, that should help. :)

#203 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37756 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Played this for the first time the last few nights. Overall I thought it was tremendously ambitious, grand and with some areas in the top of the list of TDM aesthetics. The Commons and the outside of the keep were particularly impressive, and I really appreciated some of the creativity that went into things like the water in the slums (even though I didn't find it completely convincing) and the cables and electrical boxes. The best gameplay, IMO, was in the area leading to the keep.

Spoiler

Very much looking forward to your next one!
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#204 Kvorning

Kvorning

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

Thanks Springheel, I gotta say I pretty much agree with you on all the points that you mentioned. So much I'd do different if second time, but obviously I can't keep redoing the same map over and over. If I went insane and did that, I'd do it as an 'All Commons" map as well :P

I got my hands a bit full at the moment so the next mission still doesn't have an ETA, but it's well under way and the hardest parts are done, with the lessons above in mind.
  • Springheel likes this

#205 pusianka

pusianka

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Ok, I am still in the process of getting through this one but I already need to say that it is so far the most interesting cityscape I've played in TDM!

#206 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

Interesting little glitch
Spoiler

Edited by Oldjim, 02 October 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#207 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:19 AM

A question - has something changed in the latest revision
I see from when I played it on expert last time I started with one gas arrow and now there isn't one
When I played last time I apparently found one in the apartment block but this time I haven't
Is this because it has been removed or am I just looking in the wrong place

#208 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

Update
I don't know why but something is falling apart playing on 2.02
Without failing the ghost objective several of the guards in the commons and the keep were alerted by a sound or glimpsed from a high level and then went on permanent alert
One pair in the area where you approach the statues with the rings and the other area where 3 guards are milling around in the entrance to the keep area.
They stay on full alert and prevent the completion of the FM as you can't get past them

#209 Kvorning

Kvorning

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hi Oldjim,

Sorry for the slow reply, but I'm afraid I got no idea what's causing the bugs. If there's been an update to TDM since last update I did on the mission, there might be a few things going off track.

As for the Gas Arrow thing, I did nerf the starting gear for all difficulties. I thought it was too easy with all that gear.

#210 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

It appears that there is a generic problem playing this mission with the guard sight and sound set to most difficult
The guards are alerted without failing the ghost objective and then don't drop out of the alert searching mode and all the other guards join in
Even in the house which you can access from the sewers (entry under the stairs) the man if woken keeps looking indefinitely but only moving in a very small area. There were a lot of red alerts in the console apparently indicating he couldn't find a path
The single guard with the torch who goes round the tower with the statues stops walking round and just stays in one place searching and there were three guards on alert at the entrance to the keep where the sewer access is

#211 Kvorning

Kvorning

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

I played through the mission a couple of weeks back and the only thing I noticed, was the missing door that was reported. I make for a horrible tester as I built it however.

In any case I don't have any plans to patch this mission further I'm afraid, but thank you for the input regardless :)

#212 DeusXIncognita

DeusXIncognita

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

Nice mission, lots of possible exploring too.

Spoiler

#213 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:39 PM

Just played this one yesterday, so it's fresh in my memory. It has everything you'd expect from a good mission: Proper detail, moderate length, as well as a few secret areas to jump around and find. As with most missions however, I would have loved seeing an outro as well, not only an intro.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#214 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

Hi! I'm a bit late to the game, so to speak ;)

I'm playing under DM2.02, and so far this mission was very enjoyable.

Unfortunately, now I seem to be stuck.

Spoiler

Edited by s.urfer, 29 December 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#215 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

Well, I toyed a bit with the problem and found something, that might have caused the situation. ( I gave up after well over two hours of sitting in a dark corner ;) )

To check the extent of the alert,

Spoiler

Thinking of what would have caused that commotion, after I earlier left there, I could think of two things:

Spoiler

To test the theories, I reloaded again and

Spoiler

OK, so it seems to be that

Spoiler

Perhaps someone can check for an incompatibility of that particular scene and DM2.2?

#216 SteveL

SteveL

Hero Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3669 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

Cool, that sounds plausible. In normal play, guards should calm down although there are a couple of things that can keep a.guard spooked all night I believe, including catching full sight of you. I plan to play L&L again during 2.03 testing and we're looking at search behavior so I'll keep an eye out for it.

#217 Noordung

Noordung

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

Could those challenges be optional? Because i really dont want to do them all just to finish mission.

#218 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

I have had guards going on permanent alert/searching which causes great difficulty in completing it

I didn't check the effect of achieving the Curious Cat objective on the alerts of other guards etc.

Edit

Just checked and opening the chest didn't alert them if the doors from the lift shaft are closed but if they are open then the guards outside are alerted

Edited by Oldjim, 20 January 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#219 Philflound

Philflound

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

Is there a way to see your final objectives checked off after you complete the mission? I was like 1050 loot short. Great game though. Kept me on my toes.

#220 VanishedOne

VanishedOne

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1003 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

You can view mission statistics from the 'mission complete' screen, which will include loot, but there's no Thief-style display of your completed objectives available from that screen. (Actually that might be nice to have, in a mission with optional objectives...)

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

#221 Philflound

Philflound

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:17 PM

I ask because I did ghost it and did not black jack anyone. It would be nice to see those checked off. Forget the loot though, going back I still am missing like 900.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lords & legacy, lordsnlegacy, lnl, fan mission, fm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)