• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

#426 Mr. Tibbs

Mr. Tibbs

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

POPULAR

The Dark Mod was featured in the latest issue of PC Gamer U.K., with the feature highlighting a few standout missions for people to try.

Peu2ZXY.jpg

Edited by Mr. Tibbs, 16 November 2017 - 10:23 PM.

• New Horizon, Bikerdude, Judith and 8 others like this

#427 STiFU

STiFU

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3137 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

Almost weird how much coverage we get from PC Gamer... But also cool, obviously!

• Petike the Taffer likes this

#428 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5311 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

Like most places, if there's a champion for a project or idea, it gets a lot more attention.

Somebody there really likes us and brings us up at staff meetings :ph34r: (...is my bet.)

• Springheel, Bikerdude and Petike the Taffer like this
Posted Image

#429 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:28 AM

Our sneaky guy, so sneaky we don't even know who he is, the good taffer :D :D :D

Edited by lowenz, 20 December 2017 - 04:28 AM.

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#430 esme

esme

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:38 AM

I wonder how long it'll be before the game companies start tracking down the best authors & offering jobs, if it hasn't happened already

I believe it happened on TTLG

Don't forget us when you're rich & famous ;)

#431 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19664 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

I believe it happened on TTLG

Yup, Digital nightfall I believe built one or more of the levels in Death of the Outsider. Some of the guards and characters have the names of a few of the ttlg forum members.

#432 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Yup, Digital nightfall I believe built one or more of the levels in Death of the Outsider. Some of the guards and characters have the names of a few of the ttlg forum members.

Oh!

It's why they're so adorable (I love the Mine! It's one of the best levels ever seen IHMO - so much fitting atmosphere! A pure visual and exploration delight!)

Edited by lowenz, 20 December 2017 - 03:47 PM.

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#433 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36900 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

I wonder how long it'll be before the game companies start tracking down the best authors & offering jobs, if it hasn't happened already

Dram.

#434 esme

esme

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:54 AM

Didn't Purah get headhunted by a games company for his work on fan missions ?

#435 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

http://www.pcgamer.c...k-mod-missions/

#436 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

Nice article, but another misquoting of TDM's name in the title, no mention of stellar missions like Requiem, and the rather bizarre insinuation that you have to download the tutorial mission. We need to get someone in the comments there, ASAP, and do damage control. :D The base pack, at the very least, has the tutorial and those two story missions. No downloads needed. Couldn't the author get at least that right ?

#437 wesp5

wesp5

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:12 AM

The base pack, at the very least, has the tutorial and those two story missions. No downloads needed. Couldn't the author get at least that right ?

Maybe he started downloading missions without checking for anything first and after that it's basically impossible to recognize the missions that came as a default. Again I recommend to rename them to something more obvious to make them appear at the top of the list!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users