The Dark Mod Forums

No Honor Among Thieves 2.0

Goldchocobo

Campaign Rating  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance: Vertical use, Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
  2. 2. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
  3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

I had the same issue in the beginning on the city streets not being able to rope arrow the wood above the open window.

As far as everything else, played smooth enough that i don't remember anything worth citing.

The elevator shaft was one of my favorite parts. I knew what to do instantly, and I think that for anyone who is familiar with playing THIEF it should come as no surprise how to handle that.

For FM's that start the player with a predisposed amount of weaponry / gear, always scroll your inventory / ammo to see what you're carrying from the get go to better plan your strategy. Also, save before using up certain gear so if it doesn't work you can easily reload without losing valuable tools. I can never tell what gear was intended for certain use, so I always like to have at least one or more if possible of a said item for in case it's needed.

NHAT is the only FM I've played up to this point that a single mission took longer than an hour to complete.

Fighting zombies and being able to actually kill them with a sword came as a surprise. I figured they'd just get back up and walk around if they were taken down with a sword and not holy water. I've learned that by watching the model and anticipating the blows you can figure out stepping in and out of reach and then move back in for another attack. This applies to any enemy. The sword fighting system in TDM is a bit more complicated than THIEF, but I like it just the same. Also, combat in TDM is far more fast paced, and it requires the player to adapt, or die.

Can zombies sense your presence and will become alert to your presence if they get close enough regardless of if you've been spotted or not? Like in the original THIEF games?

• 1 month later...

I finally got around playing this FM, and I must say I'm very impressed, I enjoyed the 3 missions immensly!

Very good structuring, level design (especially the streets), good story and very engaging stealth play. It left me wanting more :)

Although this may be completely coincidental, but a minor character strangely reminded me of Dishonored :)

Archibald's journal entries mention the name Delilah a few times, a pagan woman who gave guidance and council to the nobleman Archibald. Her name can even be seen on the floor plaque in the highly supernatural showroom. In Dishonored, the Brigmore witches strangely resemble the pagans from the Thief universe to some extent (mainly the tampering with the nature), and one of those witches is called Delilah, whose guidance was sought by a nobleman called Timsh, almost like in this FM. Although maybe a bit far-fetched, as soon as I read the name, Dishonored immediately came into mind :)

I finally got around playing this FM, and I must say I'm very impressed, I enjoyed the 3 missions immensly!

Very good structuring, level design (especially the streets), good story and very engaging stealth play. It left me wanting more :)

Although this may be completely coincidental, but a minor character strangely reminded me of Dishonored :)

Archibald's journal entries mention the name Delilah a few times, a pagan woman who gave guidance and council to the nobleman Archibald. Her name can even be seen on the floor plaque in the highly supernatural showroom. In Dishonored, the Brigmore witches strangely resemble the pagans from the Thief universe to some extent (mainly the tampering with the nature), and one of those witches is called Delilah, whose guidance was sought by a nobleman called Timsh, almost like in this FM. Although maybe a bit far-fetched, as soon as I read the name, Dishonored immediately came into mind :)

I must have influenced the Dishonored team then, since NHAT came out years before Dishonored did :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I started playing this today and I am a bit overwhelmed. Not that this is a bad thing. It forces me to think about how to proceed. It also means I cannot play this for longer than maybe fifteen minutes continuously. This also is not necessarily a bad thing.

I was able to sneak past the guard in front of the waterworks. I sneaked directly in front of him (in the shadow that is between the two lamps) and then dashed around him. I am still a bit surprised this actually worked and I didn't need to use a noisemaker.

The undead behind the collapsed floor woke up when I crossed the chasm halfway without noticing me. It also just went back to sleep after a while. I didn't make any exceptional noise at that point and confirmed by making noise closer to it without waking it again. What's up with that?

If my English is bad I am very sorry. It's not my mother tongue.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor problem - well it may be serious - in the church area I had several total lockups when moving to the side aisles of the church.

Then when climbing the stairs up to the platform where the guard is (on the way to the archbishops chambers) the game froze for a short period (10 - 15 secs) then restarted

According to the Windows Event Log it was "Application Hang"

Just scroll up a bit - many people had this problem before you (including me). ;)

No solution for this so far except for not visiting the chapel. It is only some loot in there I think.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I receive a freeze upon loading my quicksave in the very first mission upon opening and entering the very first building (with the water canal leading to the caves).

Is there any way to find what's causing this?

I've noticed that it freezes when I sneak. Yet when simply walking or running there is no such instance (which is odd).

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Hmm. That's not a spot where we had freezes reported before. But NHAT1 did have a freeze problem in the cathedral, caused by a visportal problem that also caused lesser freezes and slow FPS in other places and other maps. That got fixed in TDM 2.03 that got released a few minutes ago. Your 2.02 savegame won't work in 2.03, but if you restart the mission with the new build (definitely recommended for lots of reasons!) and you still find a problem then send me a savegame and I promise to fix it! NHAT is one of my absolute favourites.

• Like 1

Hmm. That's not a spot where we had freezes reported before. But NHAT1 did have a freeze problem in the cathedral, caused by a visportal problem that also caused lesser freezes and slow FPS in other places and other maps. That got fixed in TDM 2.03 that got released a few minutes ago. Your 2.02 savegame won't work in 2.03, but if you restart the mission with the new build (definitely recommended for lots of reasons!) and you still find a problem then send me a savegame and I promise to fix it! NHAT is one of my absolute favourites.

Thank you. I will try it! (Wow that was a fast update since I posted).

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson