Show spoiler for screenshots:
Map: In A Time Of Need
Testing: Bridge, 161803398874989
In A Time Of Need is small-sized mansion level in which the player is tasked with stealing a cache of spice from the house of a seafaring merchant. It is my first and (at the time of writing) only FM.
The difficulty level is low to moderate, and the mission is well suited for new players accustoming to the world of TDM. For players looking for more challenge I suggest ghosting, as the level has been designed to lend itself well for that kind of playstyle.
The map and objective layout change slightly between "Normal" and "Hard" / "Expert" difficulty levels. If you want to experience all the content the level has to offer, I suggest you start by playing the map through on Normal and then move on to higher difficulties.
- Drop timeofneed.pk4 in you darkmod/fms/ folder
- Run TDM and select New Mission. In A Time Of Need should now appear on the list of downloaded missions.
- Install and play.
- AI pathfinding can be slightly erratic at times
- Outdoors can cause performance issues on low-end hardware
- Sleeping AI can glitch through the bed if KO'd or killed
- My testers Bridge and 161803398874989 whose input helped me shape the map into what it is today.
- All the TDM devs for creating such a great game
- Fidcal for creating the A-Z guide for beginners
- All the people who contributed to my thread at the Editor's Guild
Finally, my hat off to the community that has produced so many high-quality missions and made TDM thrive. The bar has been set frighteningly high!
I'm really not one for numerical scores or polls, so I decided not have any for my thread. However I would appreciate any criticism, comments and feedback you may provide. Leave me a message in this thread :-)
Edited by kyyrma, 12 November 2013 - 04:52 AM.