The Dark Mod Forums

The Very Organized Thief

kyyrma

Check out this Thiefish game made in Unity. It was built in seven days by Redefinition Games.

The game puts you in the shoes of a thief who has a list of objects to steal from a house before the owner returns. The trick is the objects are in different places every time, and the list of objects changes between each playthrough.

See how well you can do! My first playthrough got me the rank of Professional Thief, with some 30k+ loot ;)

http://gamejolt.com/games/puzzle/the-very-organized-thief/18991/

Amazing how much tension they have managed to build in such a small game.

• Like 1

Been going through this a few times now, and while I'm disappointed some key items are in the same place every time, I'm surprised by some of the hidden interactivity in the level

especially cutting the power to the safe, that was pretty clever

Makes me think that a similar level in TDM wouldn't probably be hard to achieve, it could even have random guard variations.

I haven't played it yet but I watched a Let's Play and was impressed with the general gameplay. I will definitely download it and play it for myself if and when it is expanded. There is great potential here, although I'm not much of a fan of the randomly generated loot requirements.

Gave it a few play throughs, the emphasis on speed is real change from TDM. I only tried it 3 times, but never finished getting all the items, the best I got was all but 2.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

A quick test and up comes the crazy feature found in every Unity plugin game I've tried; movement stuck to a direction. Most likely caused by unpowered Logitech G940, but beats me. Why the hell does it always pick it up? Stupid engine.

I have very little to say about it, but it looked intriguing. Pretty feisty owner as well, beat me to a pulp straight away.

• 6 months later...

Rather a necro post, I am apparently half a year late to this party, just stumbled across the game yesterday and had oodles of luck today...

VeryOrganizedThief.gif

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

• 2 months later...

Ferret's stats were objectively better than yours, Jon. So I'd wager that "Very Organized Thief" > "Master Thief".

Well, we can't be sure of that because the game doesn't show if all the items listed were obtained.

The name Master Thief implies that he is the best thief. But then, because the game is called "The Very Organized Thief ", you are probably right, even though I don't agree with this ranking.

Edited by Jon Irenicus