The Dark Mod Forums

DayZ Standalone released!

Xarg

(TMW) Merino has put up a great series of videos on Youtube explaining how the medical system works currently, and things like food and water, learned a lot from the food&water video especially regarding the stomach and how regeneration starts/works/finishes. The time lapse video of chemical poisoning is really nice too, pity most people who get that are handcuffed ;)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9YSGX22B6Z3k9-hJzJcz4w/videos

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

• 2 weeks later...

New patch released last night, fixes the spraypainted attachments bugs and adds the SKS.. time to start playing again!

Yeah that last patch has many many fixes. I wish the logout timer was 2 minutes and not 30sec but I know they're still toying with the mechanic at this point.

Also, would be neat if matches+spray paint = melee TORCH weapon to burn zombies/people... lol.

Edited by Lux

I was trying to find a youtube clip of the player being on fire in Blood to make a reference to it, but I failed. Any idea if there are any optics for the SKS?

According to the forums it can take the PU scope, which I believe I have one of... brilliant!

Edited by Xarg

So far I've heard and seen it in a Youtube video from someone on experimental firing/reloading it, and someone on the forums says it takes the PU scope, which is brilliant news. Have yet to play it recently and get an SKS though, might swap out the Mosin for it, as I came to like the M14 far more than the DMR in the mod.

i know i saw sks listed in dayz.db, so i figured it was in. i haven't seen it around though. its fine, i've had a pristine m4 with pristine parts + acog for the past 20 hours of gameplay even though my partner in crime has died 3 times. Also, i found a trick to bug ammo boxes. Don't know if this is widespread. unload the double stanag 60rd mags to inventory, you get 60 rnds in 1 slot. add them to ammo box. now it holds 600 rounds instead of 300.

You can do the same with 40rnd cmags if you haven't found a 60, that's still 400 in a 300 box. I haven't played for the last 2-3 weeks, been waiting for things like the sprayed Mosin bug to be fixed (it's fixed), the hunger problem (fixed) and more stuff.

i wasn't aware of a mosin bug. first time my buddy found green/black cans we put it on his mosin and it worked fine. hunger problems i've never encountered, i'm well over-fed. i've actually started bloodbagging my own blood and just healing from energy/hydration. no compatibility issues if you tranfuse your own blood to yourself :D

haven't had to use it yet, but time will tell

The latest patch fixed a bug where if you spraypainted your Mosin, it would only be able to accept 1 cartridge at a time, instead of filling the internal box magazine like an unpainted Mosin would. I saw some persistent rumours that the rate you got hungry was vastly accelerated for some reason last patch, people couldn't stop being hungry, which I guess is what that patch note was addressing. Having not found any real chance to *use* the Mosin yet as I'm not going around murdering people (apart from server hoppers, you fucks eat .357 until you fall over, then I take your stuff), so really the Mosin is kinda pointless. Hell I got it from the last server hopper I encountered, so beyond wasting all the ammo on zombies just to test it out, I'll be happy to trade it in for an SKS and get my Lee Enfield fix.

I've never used an SKS in the mod (or mods of the mod), so no comment there. I remember reading somewhere that the Lee Enfield has artificially inflated damage due to some legacy thing from an older title, not sure if this was addressed by the LE nerf that happened on vanilla a fair while back. I believe the initial figures were something like 11-12k, then it went to 8 or 9k, I believe it then got a second nerf about a year ago down to 7k or so. The nerf might have been even harder, down to 6.x k, but it's still a 2 hit kill and it received a sound change to offset the damage nerf. If the SKS is a 2 hit kill (it'll probably be a 2-3 depending on where you hit), I'll be fine with that. Even the lowly AK74 in the mod was a 5 hit kill, and 5 shots is... .8 seconds?

Edited by Xarg

ak's have shit accuracy, to hit 5 consecutive shots, the range you'd need for that, might as well use a shotgun, same effect .0001 seconds. sks in mod used AK rounds as a base for whatever reason, so it was like a more accurate bolt-action AK. 2500 damage. garbage.

Well to be fair, that'd be because it does use AK rounds... AK47 rounds that is (7.62x39), not AK74 (5.45x39), and from memory the AKM does around 4100 per hit, so it's a 3 hit kill to the chest, 74 does around... 2722? so 5 hits. Your point about the shotgun is true, though I typically found AK's far superior to shotguns when dealing with zombies and players together, or even just zombies alone. There was just always something underwhelming about mod shotguns, and it wasn't because they didn't have the aa12 (and I'm so glad they didn't put that monstrosity in).

From the sounds of it, probably both. In this thread, we're discussing standalone though. (ArmA2 combined ops was 5 bucks in a bundle a few weeks back, absolute steal).

I sat in the steam group's chat box for about 10 hours yesterday (while doing other stuff) and noone popped in at all, could have organised a DayZ session :(

Edited by Xarg

Standalone is miles better, IMO.

Aside from timezone issues amongst us, that would be a good time. I have a Ventrilo server if no one else does. If someone else does we can use theirs because mine syphons some of my bandwidth as its hosted right next to me.

What are our plans this weekend? (Friday/Saturday) :D

Edited by Lux

Saturday (american time) I'll be attending my friend's wedding, which I imagine will take the majority of the day. I might be available in 9-10 hours (from time of posting) for some zawmbee slaying though.

Saturday (american time) I'll be attending my friend's wedding, which I imagine will take the majority of the day. I might be available in 9-10 hours (from time of posting) for some zawmbee slaying though.

?_? Saturday is tomorrow and 9-10 hours from now is still Friday unless you live in Australia or something. Lets get day/time (according to your TZ) availability and see what we can put together.

I'm available Friday 5pm EST onward. Saturday 5-6am EST onward. (yes, i have nothing to do this weekend, I should be working on my WIP! :P)

?_? Saturday is tomorrow and 9-10 hours from now is still Friday unless you live in Australia or something. Lets get day/time (according to your TZ) availability and see what we can put together.

I'm available Friday 5pm EST onward. Saturday 5-6am EST onward. (yes, i have nothing to do this weekend, I should be working on my WIP! :P)

I'm in New Zealand, which is 3 hours ahead of Australia's east coast.. (gmt +13 atm I believe, due to DST). At time of writing its 11.44pm on Friday, Saturday American for me will be Sunday my time, which is the wedding day.

Nice, Airship Ballet!

Hey, also for reference, lets post the time that it is currently. Then we can compare that to our local "time posted" and get an idea of the separation.

Its 5:45am EST right now. Which is GMT -5 (I think)

Edited by Lux