The Dark Mod Forums

Kingdom Come: Deliverence (realistic medieval open world first person game!)

Goldwell

Okay now I know you're trollin lol, I've heard people refer to woman as sluts at least 3 times a day minimum.

And usually the only time I hear someone call a women a slut or whore to their face, it's from another woman.

Try listening to the real world sometime, you hear all sorts of awful things.

And really, whether they were "serious" or not, referring to a woman as a slut is still the same thing, it's derogatory and mean.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Ok, if you meant the local kiddie talk on the football playground, yes, of course. Is that serious? I don't think so. Just pubertal "Look how hard and mean and awesome i am" stuff. We also did that when we were young. But that's a difference to really meaning it. But then, some people never leave the pubertal stage, so... but honestly, it's not like it's a "common" thing in our society.

I'm sure a lot of women or girls also refer to some men as "dicks". That's not better.

Edited by chakkman

I find it really difficult to sympathize. Poor taste or not, taking offense is a choice and an especially bad one at that considering we're talking about the dialog of fictional characters in a video game. The good news is you can exact your revenge against virtual sexists by stabbing them in the dick. Hooray video games!

I equally cannot sympathize with the attitude expressed by 'speak.' It is entirely your right to be offended by something, or conversely, to let it slide.

However, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is clearly aiming to construct a realistic take on a particular period. Doing so means exposing people to the social norms of that specific time, which many pampered individuals, who have grown up in the 21st century where all sorts of liberties now occur as our social norms, would have been inconceivable phenomena back then (and - as was mentioned above, are still today in the Muslim world - as well as even a few decades ago in Western society).

I for one, I am eagerly awaiting the release of this game!

• 1 month later...

New video trailer out which shows off the new lock picking minigame and a few of the doors they will use ingame as well as discussing stealth in the game, pretty interesting to watch and i'm very excited to see how they handle stealth overall in the game

w0jCSso.jpg

lwqZB9o.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-hkBz52C7o

• 1 month later...

Nice but i always feel like the pictures of Kingdom Deliverance look a bit washed out, as if there was some kind of too harsh filter on them, which makes them rather look like paintings than a real world. Not sure what their graphics department did there. Especially the first picture makes it very obvious. It looks like the overall colour bleeds through everywhere. Looks like a green-blue wishy washy. Weird.

If you've ever played Farcry or Crysis they have an option for Render Mode, which uses shaders to change to color temperature of the image you see on screen.

Render Mode: If you've set the Special Effects Quality setting to High or above (see below), you will have the option of several different rendering effects here which can change the look and feel of Far Cry. The Default mode is the one most familiar to you, but Improved, Paradise, Cold and Cartoon are some subtle (and not-so-subtle) variations. Cartoon and Paradise are somewhat fantasy-inspired modes, but Cold provides a high level of realism, while Improved is a subtle change over the Default mode. The performance difference is minimal amongst the modes for the most part, but depends on your particular graphics hardware and Special Effects Quality settings. Paradise and Cartoon in particular may provide lower performance on older graphics cards like GeForce3/4s.

This is part of the engine, and I guess now they can do colour correction dynamically.

I'm sure you'll be able to tweak it like you can in the Crysis games.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.