The Dark Mod Forums

Kingdom Come: Deliverence (realistic medieval open world first person game!)

Goldwell

CryEngine3 ftw! Video quality doesn't do the graphics credit at all though.

Also, I hope they tune the colors to be more natural. Almost everything in nature has a shade of "brown" in it's palette, and not just pure red, blue or yellow.

• 1 month later...

They have a kickstarter now and WOW they have raised £256,465 of 300,000 with still 28 days to go!

Going to be backing this one (my first kickstarter as well)

• Like 1

This looks awfully ambitious for a £300k project.

Watch the kickstarter video, he says they also have a private investor. The actual project will cost 1.5 million I believe he said but if they can raise $500,000 which is about 300K pounds he will continue to fund them. And considering they recieved 250K in 29 hours.. I think this project will do quite well :)

I'm really excited for it myself! :D

I'm really excited for it myself! :D

Haha, your excitement is contagious =P I'll go watch that video; I only watched the main one because I'm supposed to be working. The problem with being at the top of a department is the same as working at home or for yourself: there's nobody standing over your shoulder making sure you don't get hype for kickstarters.

• Like 1

What do you do..?

I'm a network manager at a hospital. Technically I'm only supposed to keep check on people working network security but they lumped IT support in with us. I'm supposedly the manager but I do as much legwork as anybody else. I get called out as well as having to keep records and accounts. It's infuriating how many people don't know how to use a computer, but will no doubt have claimed they do or have taken a Microsoft Office course in University so they could be called qualified. I get pretty moody when I have to think about how surprisingly elitist medical school graduates can be when talking to IT dorks, and even more irritated by data entry jobbers who act just as entitled. The I.T. Crowd got a lot of things right =P

I'm also a part-time QA tester but I'm not allowed to speak about that so I won't because I could be taken away by men in black.

Edited by Airship Ballet

LOl going out kicking and screaming then huh... very cool.

LOL as long it's not being dragged away kicking and screaming... :P

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

ooooh that looks awesome, I hope its not based on any historical events, but rather a new world etc.

It is based in real historical events and that is good to me, play a game and learn about our history at the same time. :)

Supported them just because of the no magic stuff.

Not really a fan of most RPGs, because they are so unrealistic with fantasy fairy stuffs. But this game looks stunning (kinda wish it had some Thief steampunk elements in it though! :D ) I definitely want to try out the melee combat if it is really good as they say it is.

Looks like something I'd buy, if I had the money... and the PC to run it on...

But there was something that bothered me, especially since it calls itselve realistic:

-Usage of torches (in a tight, confined space on top of that)

-Strange metal buring things all over the place (especially in that fist-fighting scene)

-"Big battles". They were pretty rare in reality (If it's just one or two in the game, or if all of them actually happened, disregard)

(no, I didn't watch too much Lindybeige)

Still, the fact that they are atleast going for realism is nice. Guess this will be Mount & Blade's pretty brother?

76561198061377149.png

Guess this will be Mount & Blade's pretty brother?

Seems a lot deeper and directed than Mount & Blade. I never enjoyed M&B simply because it has no real direction. It's also pretty basic and generally has unresponsive, unsatisfying game feel. I'd happily play this just for the swordplay, should it be as dynamic as the footage implies.

With "pretty" I mean polished in general, more streamlined, easier to get into etc. M&B was always pretty sandboxy, which I really enjoyed, just like it's moddability. Wonder whether this game will be moddable.

76561198061377149.png

Well every game's moddable, it just depends on the devs' methodology as to how much can be done and whether or not it's worth the effort. Some build with modders in mind and some just happen to have a work structure that accomodates getting into the files and messing around. And yeah, M&B is fun but I tend to run out of steam after a little while when I become overpowered and realise I have nothing to really show for it other than lots of heads on spikes. If it lets you build an army it should let you build castles a la Stronghold, and if it won't I always thought it should come with an army builder, a la Gratuitous Space Battles.