It just doesn't work!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 RedStampede

RedStampede

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

When I try to execute "The Dark Mod" it just gives me an error message that says "The Dark Mod has found a problem and needs to be closed" or something like that. I tried downloading it from the website and from a torrent but neither of them worked. I also disabled the Catalyst AI but it didn't work either.

These are my specs:

OS - Windows XP Professional
CPU - Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHZ
GPU - ATI Radeon X1950 Pro
RAM - 3 GB

And yes, my Graphics Card Driver is up to date.

Any help would be apreciated!

#2 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18744 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

Try deleting the "darkmod.config" file from the Darkmod folder and then see how you go.

#3 RedStampede

RedStampede

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Try deleting the "darkmod.config" file from the Darkmod folder and then see how you go.

Nope, didn't do anything.

#4 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8045 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Is your install directory named "darkmod"
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#5 RedStampede

RedStampede

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

Is your install directory named "darkmod"

Yes.

#6 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13782 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Are you getting a small window with a blue background and a bunch of text in it? Any types of errors that might be listed would really help. There is nothing at all to go on from what you've been able to tell us. We're shooting in the dark here.

So you're saying that the mod is installed in c:\darkmod or a similar drive letter, right? Is there any other information appearing that might give us a better idea of what is happening?

#7 RedStampede

RedStampede

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Are you getting a small window with a blue background and a bunch of text in it? Any types of errors that might be listed would really help. There is nothing at all to go on from what you've been able to tell us. We're shooting in the dark here.

So you're saying that the mod is installed in c:\darkmod or a similar drive letter, right? Is there any other information appearing that might give us a better idea of what is happening?

Unfortunately no.

#8 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18744 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Do you have team viewer installed..? if so drop me a PM with the ID and pass and I will remote in and have a look.

#9 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18744 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Ok waiting around for 15mins, but am off to bed now..

#10 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8045 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Does your GPU have two graphic processors? If so, can you disable crossfire? Please post your Darkmod.cfg
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#11 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

is one of the background security programs in windows or a virus checker stopping it from running because it see's it has a doom3 footprint but the footprint doesn't match the original doom3 footprint (checksum).

#12 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18744 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

Do you have team viewer installed..? if so drop me a PM with the ID and pass and I will remote in and have a look.

Im around today if you need a hand.

#13 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

That GPU is old and AMD has stopped supporting it, so your driver is really not "updated" ;)

But TDM should work has idtech 4 was made for even older cards, but this unfortunately sounds like a driver problem, one thing that worked for me on some OpenGL games (Doom3 BFG) was to put a old atioglxx.dll AMD driver directly on the game directory, try this is the one i'm using on BFG.

https://www.dropbox....w1/atioglxx.dll

Don't know if it will work on TDM or your card has mine is more recent, but try none the less.

#14 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5886 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

Well part of the problem might be that your card has only OpenGL 2.0 support, so you might be missing a critical extension or core feature that TDM uses, thus the crashing.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#15 lost_soul

lost_soul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

I've got an old machine with a Radeon x1600 that runs TDM... (like crap)

It runs without crashing though so your card isn't missing any critical features that the game requires.

BTW they dropped driver support for that generation of video card ages ago. No new drivrs for it have been made in years.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

#16 Lux

Lux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

When I try to execute "The Dark Mod" it just gives me an error message that says "The Dark Mod has found a problem and needs to be closed"

When I've dealt with other games on XP that throw up this error it was because of one of the C++ redistributable (2005) packages needing completely uninstalled and then reinstalled.

TDM doesn't require these libraries that I'm aware of from the install faq, does it?

In any case, I'd make sure your DX9 is updated and make sure your video drivers are updated which you have said they were.

Edited by Lux, 14 January 2014 - 05:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users