Photo

Fan Mission: The Gatehouse by Bikerdude & Goldchocobo (updated 02/11/2014)

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#151 Hecateus

Hecateus

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

yay nifty short mission.

Spoiler

#152 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20281 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

Glad you enjoyed it, as for the puzzles these were all inspired by very similar ones that can ben found in some Thief1/2 missions.

#153 Summer

Summer

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

This was quite good. I've been avoiding this because I expected it to be filled with horror elements, zombies, haunts, revenants, what have you. I'm not a fan of getting scared. But this wasn't like that at all, except briefly, with awesome avoidability (is that a word?). This reminded me of the old Thief adventure and puzzle missions and FMs. Great job! 

Spoiler

My only question is: What happened to everybody? I can only guess the ceremony went awry somehow, and everyone... were struck dead by the Builder's wrath and ended up in the pit?! I couldn't find any readables to explain the missing inquisitor, soldiers, et al. Anyone know the story?

#154 Goldchocobo

Goldchocobo

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

My only question is: What happened to everybody? I can only guess the ceremony went awry somehow, and everyone... were struck dead by the Builder's wrath and ended up in the pit?! I couldn't find any readables to explain the missing inquisitor, soldiers, et al. Anyone know the story?

When I wrote the story, I intended to leave the interpretation of events up to the player. However, in my imagination, that's somewhere along the lines of what happened!

Also, read the incantation book in the cathedral very carefully.

#155 Philflound

Philflound

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:35 PM

Found this mission innovative, but short. If you combined some treasure seeking it would have been more exciting.

Spoiler

#156 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:55 PM

A really solid mission all around. Has aged incredibly well with the soft shadow update.

Some help for anyone stuck on the light puzzle!

Spoiler

For the answer.

Spoiler

• Bikerdude likes this

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#157 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20281 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:48 PM

A really solid mission all around. Has aged incredibly well with the soft shadow update.

Your very welcome fella.

• V-Man339 likes this

#158 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:59 PM

I really liked it, great work... this sort of FM is something I'd like to see more of! Proof that a short mission can still be awesome. Also proof that a FM doesn't need lots of enemies to sneak behind in order to be good, the focus on puzzles felt very different but none the less good. The mapping itself was of great quality too especially before the cave area.

• Bikerdude likes this

#159 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20281 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:51 AM

Your welcome, but it was a group effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users