The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Home Again (by grayman) (2014/2/12)

grayman

81 members have voted

1. 1. Overall

• Poor
    • Could Be Better
    • Average
    • Good
    • Excellent

Congrats mister, it was a joy to beta test and perf.

@Oh you lovely people won't know what hit you, Grayman has raised the bar yet again!

You wanted death defying rooftop exploration you got it, you wanted a deep engaging storyline and stories within stories, you got it all over the place and finally you wanted awe inspiring views and TDM bling, you got it.

Now stopping reading this fan boy's post and get playing yet another one of Grayman's masterpieces!

@Gman, I'm uploading to the mirrors and creating the FM page now.

Congrats on the release. If it's half as good as the last one it will raise the bar once again. Don't have the time to play it today so I have something to look forward to tomorrow.

Thanks for investing all the time :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Just started and this is going to take a long time to complete - not that I am complaining at all - just the opposite in fact

I had a few go's to see what counts as the streets and it is lot more encompassing than just the streets themselves - so guess who has been killed a few times :wacko::blush:

Edited by Oldjim

@Oh you lovely people won't know what hit you, Grayman has raised the bar yet again!

You wanted death defying rooftop exploration you got it, you wanted a deep engaging storyline and stories within stories, you got it all over the place and finally you wanted awe inspiring views and TDM bling, you got it.

Exactly. It's a perfect synthesis of what TDM can bring to life.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Superb and dark atmosphere and great gameplay with lots of nooks and crannies to explore. This mission begs for street exploration though, but even like this it's a very very solid rooftop mission.

Several issues:

- The cash box key found in the captain's office doesn't unlock the cash box itself. I was forced to pick its lock.

- I couldn't frob that dude:

IvM8eF3l.jpg

- You can climb here, directly after the inventor's guild:

NVUO47fl.jpg

Zcr6B5Pl.jpg

5kZ2nWFl.jpg

As Gman was so chuffed with personal play-through vid I did, I thought I would do it properly and capture it at better resolution, enjoy -

- 5 parts that were recorded @ 5140*1040 but youtube dumbed down to 1440p. (2160p is available but dosent seem to work atm)

http://youtu.be/B_TpGQLoIjg

- here is all 5 parts joined together at 1080p, but dosent look as cool.

http://youtu.be/4Ga50TQjcoE

@Grayman, feel free to add these the OP.

Created post for this over on ttlg - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143211

Argh!

Whoever posted skacky's screenshot on Facebook needs to change the picture. That's a view that the player is not supposed to see. I can put up with folks going where I thought they couldn't go, but screenshots like that shouldn't be posted outside the thread as an example of the mission.

Please use one of the two pics I posted in the OP.

- The cash box key found in the captain's office doesn't unlock the cash box itself. I was forced to pick its lock.

- I couldn't frob that dude:

I just checked, and the key opens the cash box, and I can frob and shoulder the Inventor.

Not sure what's going on at your end.

Had no performance issues! For such a big mission that's really surprising. Really solid rooftops exploration to be had. I found a few areas outside of where you intended to get to, like skacky did. Looks like they're probably the same one--the tower with the archer was at least. I had no issues with the other things he mentioned. This is probably the most amazing rooftops/"thieves highway" type mission since, well, Life of the Party. I wouldn't say it's better than the last WS mission, but it's still really good.