The Dark Mod Forums

Builder's Bedroom set

XendroX

I think that looks great. Careful about making the two decorations on the end look like inverted Builder symbols though...usually inverting holy symbols is considered insulting or evil.

Looking great so far. Working strips or plates of riveted metal into the texture would go a long way.

Very nice work Xendrox. I do agree with Springheel though. The Builders would not be happy to see their holy symbol inverted. They would very likely have you burnt at the state for been a heretic for doing such a thing.

• Like 1

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

. Inventors aren't furniture-makers...why would their furniture look different from anyone else's?

Why are they not furniture-makers? I mean, I never considered them a homogenous group, so I think it's not out of the question to have someone of this guild who gets his mind set to build this kind of furniture collection.

Also, is there an equivalent to the Mechanists in TDM? I think the metal furniture would look quite at home for them, too.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Why are they not furniture-makers? I mean, I never considered them a homogenous group, so I think it's not out of the question to have someone of this guild who gets his mind set to build this kind of furniture collection.

It's possible for one of them to make furniture in his spare time, I suppose, although crazy geniuses probably have better things to do in their spare time. But there's a big difference between someone making furniture as a hobby and a recognizable set of "Inventor furniture".

Also, is there an equivalent to the Mechanists in TDM?

No.

I want to full texturing one object, could you post some refs with needed colors?

The main colour of the builders is red, and then iron, steel, and gold colours for accents. The wood would be whatever colour looks good with those.

Textured sketch

What do you think about such style of painting? And what is prefered in game. The best look has black one,for me, but it hasn't correct colours... And I can't say what in red is looking better for me.... I like both, just need some more voodoo with shader %))

Becasue I'm rendering on notebook,I have add brightness to image... In my vision yellow wooden stripes are half without sensative...

Metal has nothing to reflect that's why lloking so poor...

fa16b9613d28.jpg

The middle-end table is by far the best one, IMO. I might add some rivets to the edges of the top (Builders love rivets), both otherwise it's great.

With the desks, I like all of them, but I think the 1st and 3rd are slightly better.

The middle-end table is by far the best one, IMO. I might add some rivets to the edges of the top (Builders love rivets), both otherwise it's great.

With the desks, I like all of them, but I think the 1st and 3rd are slightly better.

Than It stands in black colour?

Very impressive, have you checked the top work surface height agaisnt existing TDM models..?

No, not yet, I have plans for making lowpoly today for this set, and try bake one object. And tomorrow I want to remade Nobble one

I've tried to apply dds image to texture, but don't understand why it better than simple Jpg.

I'm thinking that dds has alpha channel and i don't need to write some new strings in texture scrypt, i'm wrong?

http://upload.ethno.ua/8EEN1BR10633/Grill_Dif.tif.html

This is tiff version, can someone please explain me wright method for ctreating textures with alpha channels? Should alpha be different image, and then how I should write it in description of texture?