The Dark Mod Forums

Grezzo 2 (offensive DOOM mod)

Deadlove

This is a DOOM mod that I came across, I don't find it offensive, but lots of people consider it offensive. It does introduce some blasphemous concepts, and it's also a total gibbing festival, with tons of blood and gore.

The story is basically that you are a bad, bad person. You kill police, innocent people, old ladies, Christians, Super Mario, Barney, pop culture icons, pigs, sheep, chickens, doctors, priests, and many more. The player then ends up going to Heaven, killing St. Peter along with slaughtering Heaven's population, being confronted by God, which the character also then fights and kills God. Then the player gets sent to Hell, fights demons, Nazi's, sinners, and that's about as far as I got with it.

It feels as if there are endless amounts of weapons, you smoke weed and drink beer, they act as power ups and give your character super jumping, agility and endurance skills for a limited amount of time. The arsenal, textures + enemies are a borrowed combo from Doom, Blood, Age of Empires, Duke Nukem 3d, Shadow Warrior, Heretic, Hexen, some other games I couldn't recognize, as well as hosts of original content.

The mod is from Italy, and is in Italian, but there is English translation version available for texts (but not audio). It's not really an intelligent game per se, but it's appealing to me as a violent, old school gamer styled game with some basic but fun level design.

I've been playing it, and figured I'd share with you guys, since TDM is a gaming community, and most of us here probably love Doom for just the same reasons, i.e. when it came out it was considered the most violent, gory, blasphemous and offensive game to reach a large audience and stir the pot.

http://youtu.be/asCGbVx5XJk

Edited by Deadlove

Eh, just looks like somebody trying a bit too hard to be edgy. Nothing offensive, kinda like a Marilyn Manson video: shock imagery and no core to it.

The monkey wrench was from Opposing Force by the way, shame on you =P

Edited by Airship Ballet

It actually looks like a legit effort by somebody to point out the ridiculousness of our gaming tropes. Killing demons is okay, but not angels etc.

Basically it's not that killing is bad, it's what you kill that is bad. Or it could just be like Airship said.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

What is that demon on the left doing next to the demon statue? :P

What is that demon on the left doing next to the demon statue? :P

Really shifty LOVE demon :ph34r:

Be with me, good Nietzsche, protect me from these devious smiling other-world entities: they want my very soul!

:laugh:

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Grezzo 3 is out by the way.

Can you point me to a link? The official site doesn't seem to have info, and I can't find anything searching Google. Are you talking about the expansion pack?

Also, I don't know if there is such a thing as Grezzo 1, can't find info on that anywhere.

Oh ya, the expansion was originally going to be Grezzo 3 according to doomworld & zdoom forums but they just made it added material. The creators have a thing for naming their wads with a "2" on the end also, for whatever reason.

Nonsense, tomfoolery and abject stupidity, all of which can be found on my channel. (TDM stuff included)