The Dark Mod Forums

Patch splitting in Dark Radiant -- New version 29 Mar

SteveL

Yes please, I'd be glad to contribute, give feedback, work with, do whatever to facilitate, etc. (FYI, there's nothing I've seen that is deal breaking in the existing version, just some user education will help those new to the tool.)

Interesting about the grid size, I have NO idea what it might have been set to during my tests, mine's usually set to eight, but that was on someone else's map I was contributing to.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

Great, thanks very much! I'll get it to dump the full data for the patch to start with, then report each search attempt with the grid size, the timestamp, the number of times the patch has been moved, and the starting and finishing bounding box for the patch. That should let us nail the bad behaviour, and maybe even provide ideas for more optimizations.

Success!

I loaded the same map (of Kyyrma's) that I'd worked on before, went to the same patch, selected far edge vertices on a middle line, instantly cut no problems.

Reloaded and did same selecting middle vert and an edge vert, ditto, cut with no problems.

Then tried to mess with it, selected middle vert and corner, error that came up made sense. Similarly when selecting a couple edge vertices, error made sense.

Not only that but my three ortho views have remained their original axis! Woohoo!

Looks great as far as I'm concerned. Kudos!

• Like 1

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

• 6 years later...

Ignore this. Me dumb. Not can read. I stupid.

Hi. I see that the last post on this was in 2014. Will this patch still work with v2.08/64? Is anyone using this now?

I've been trying to figure out how to split and cut holes in patches, this looks like it can do the splitting part.

Sidenote: I'm on Linux. Under /home/me/.darkradiant there is not a folder for scripts. Do I have to make one? (I installed DR from the package manager.)

Edited by mmij
Me Dumb