Mission: Breaking out the Fence
Testing and additional content: RJFerret, Airship Ballet, Goldwell
Breaking out the Fence continues the story from my first FM In a Time of Need. The player once again takes the role of an anonymous Thief who is getting tangled with an organization called the League of Seafaring Merchants. This time you will be sneaking your way into an import shop down at the South Docks and getting your fence Terry out from a pinch you have indirectly got him into.
Prior knowledge of the story is not strictly necessary, and the level works just as well as a one shot stand-alone mission. Note that the story briefing is quite long - if you don't appreciate walls of text in your game, all the relevant information is on the last page. However if you want to set the mood and enjoy a good tale of skullduggery then give it a read.
- The difficulty level is moderate to high, and compared to my last mission it is much larger. The average play time should be around 1 - 2 hours depending on how much you decide to explore the level.
- You will start the level with only a blackjack, compass, spyglass and a map. You have to find the rest of your equipment while on the job. If you can't find a pair of lockpicks, remember to keep your eyes peeled for keys!
- The only differences between difficulty settings are the objectives, with higher difficulties requiring either a no-kill or a full ghost playthrough.
- Injection needles have been made a loot item, so remember to pick them up if you are going for loot completition
Help! I'm stuck!
How do I find the key to the closed off area in the sewers?
If the mission is not yet available from the in-game downloader, you can use the following link:Installation:
- Drop breakingout.pk4 in you darkmod/fms/ folder
- Run TDM and select New Mission. Breaking out the Fence should now appear on the list of downloaded missions.
- Install and play.
- AI pathfinding can be slightly erratic at times
- Outdoors can cause performance issues on low-end hardware
- Sleeping AI can glitch through the bed if KO'd or killed
- There remain some audio issues such as pop-in and incorrect sound propagation
- My testers RJFerret and Airship Ballet for their invaluable input and help during the creation of the level
- Goldwell for providing his vocal talent for the characer Terry
- All the TDM devs for creating such a great game
- All the people who have answered my newbie questions at the Editor's Guild
Edited by kyyrma, 18 March 2014 - 04:07 AM.