The Dark Mod Forums

[Resolved in TDM 2.06] Briefing Missions Video Quality

Goldwell

Hey I just wanted to see if anyone is working on implementing video playback for briefing missions in TDM, I know we have ROQs but they are low quality and hard to create.

Is there a possibility of someone cresting code for an AVI or MP4 video playback for the briefing missions?

Also if no one is working on that I have a few friends who are programmers, what language is the dark mod programmed in? I could hand them the source code and ask them to make it perhaps they might help.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I know we have ROQs but they are low quality and hard to create.

Agreed, ROQs are a pain. It would be great if you could find someone willing to look into it.

Good news!

My friend knows C++ and said he is going to look into it in a couple of days or so. Hopefully he can come up with a solution for us! *fingers crossed*

• Like 2

What codec would you use? Would you use H.264, or would you use Dirac? Apparently Theora isn't so good as far as file size is concerned. I guess you can always support multiple formats and just let the mapper decide.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Bad news :(

My friend told me he doesn't have time anymore and apparently wont for a while. Ugh that pisses me off :angry: but whatever!

Does anyone else know any programmers? or perhaps is there a site that has newbie coders looking to practice? I know the programming guys on TDM atm are completely burnt out and I understand that so if we are able to get someone else to help take pressure off them that would be great.

Does anyone here have any friends that are programmers and know C++? I really want this feature to be implemented

Edited by Goldwell

I see they have Bink working too. Why not port the stuff?

From what i've read Bink is great and simple to work with but it also costs money for licenses

• nbohr1more changed the title to [Resolved in TDM 2.06] Briefing Missions Video Quality