The Dark Mod Forums

Mandrasola

Deadlove

Sotha came up with this first by using this term for a drug in the same-named FM. Don't know where he got that from, though. Maybe he can tell you.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Yep, it was me.

I was trying to invent a name for a plant, and I checked wikipedia.

Mandrake was the primary seed for my creative process.

From wikipedia:

Scientific classification

Kingdom: Plantae

(unranked): Angiosperms

(unranked): Eudicots

(unranked): Asterids

Order: Solanales

Family: Solanaceae

Genus: Mandragora

Activate random mixing sequence....

End product: Mandrasola

You could use the same methodology to invent various new pseudo-species. My scientific training makes it easy to come up with technobabble or semi-plausible taxonomies..

Why do you ask?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

My scientific training makes it easy to come up with technobabble or semi-plausible taxonomies..

Isn't that the purpose of scientific training ;)

• Like 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

For items like that in a game, in a fantasy/lore type way it adds to the individuality of Bridgeport and its personality as a city, thus making TDM more immersive in its own right as a game, and not a spin off of Thief. Bridgeport needs more definition as a unified environment. Don't know if possible, maybe someone could help me make a map to show where all the missions took place...or maybe someone already has made one?

Sotha, what does Mandrasola do to the user? From the references in the FM "Mandrasola" seemed like opium or something. But the experience of mandrake is hallucinogenic. Maybe Pagans use it differently than the city folk and make visionary magic potions with it. :-)

Yep, it was modeled over Victorian era use of opium.Thanks.Anyone can generate new lore with FMs. Perils courts and locations, characters., etc... they all add up flesh to the TDM universe.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Don't know if possible, maybe someone could help me make a map to show where all the missions took place...or maybe someone already has made one?

None of the cities in the universe have maps, mapping a city would immediately constrain creativity in mission making. For example, if someone made a mission based in or around Glenham, and it was a huge linear mission that made Glenham look like a full sized city, then someone else, perhaps Sotha as the "father" of Glenham, drew a map and Glenham was actually a 5 houses wide by 5 houses deep village, you'd have a massive inconsistancy problem, unless someone were to try and track down what year the TP missions happen in, and set theirs later.. even still, it would constrain creativity. Better, I think, to leave the cities undefined, so an unlimited number of missions can occur in each without stepping on the toes of other maps or limiting the mapper.

• Like 3

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080