"manual" install the darkmod.
(like unpack the updater in the right folder, run the updater, set the right permissions, create shortcuts, etc)
For these users I scripted some native graphical installers:
- Darkmod installer (windows), created with NSIS
- Darkmod installer (mac) (automaticly multi-language), created with iceberg
- Darkmod installer (crossplatform), created with izpack (darkmod forum topic)
- Darkmod software package - deb (linux debian/ubuntu/etc), created with dpkg-deb.
- Darkmod software package - rpm (redhat/centos/opensuse/etc), created with rpm-build.
I posted the also the sources, so the TDM-team and others can implement this in their installation procedure and improve the code.
I don’t have the time to improve/update/compile the installers for every released version myself.
So i’m hoping that someone in the TDM team (or someone else) would like to do that.
I would to hear what your thinking about it.
- Darkmod installer windows is ready to go.
(successfully tested on windows 7/8, and runs with admin-rights).
- Darkmod installer mac, missing stuff like shortcuts, tdm binary not included) and the updater will not automaticly run after installation.
- Darkmod installer crossplatform missing stuff like shortcuts, tdm binary not included) and the updater will not automaticly run after installation.
- Darkmod software package deb, running with the package manager displays some warning messages. but it can be ignored.
Edited by freyk, 25 August 2016 - 06:14 AM.