translation russian

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 charisma

charisma

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:40 AM

Yet another proof  :D (WARNING: big image)

Spoiler

• Anderson likes this

#52 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:05 PM

Yet another proof  :D (WARNING: big image)

Spoiler

I think that many TDM-Russian speaking players will appreciate even if there would be 5 or 10 FM's translated and in-game (those that are allowed to be modified by the developers, the FM authors). 

Many times, just the intention already matters for people. An act of good will.

For example, not everyone uses www.rutracker.org to find new games. The audience for russian-speaking players is very large :)

Edited by Anderson, 01 November 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#53 charisma

charisma

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

For example, not everyone uses www.rutracker.org to find new games. The audience for russian-speaking players is very large :)

I never talked about torrent trackers.

And the problem is that we just can't post modified xd files here.

• Anderson likes this

#54 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:52 PM

I never talked about torrent trackers.

And the problem is that we just can't post modified xd files here.

All I wanted to say is that a lot of people find out about new games through torrent trackers. They might find www.thedarkmod.com but not always guaranteed.

Not everyone surfs the net for translations and such after all.

#55 charisma

charisma

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:14 PM

Hello everybody. Today I am proud to say that we have 90 translated missions. Not all of them are fully tested, but we're slowly working on it. The all the work behind this is HUGE. I still can't believe that it took me almost two years to made it this far. Yet we have another "problem". People are unaware that there is a Russian translation. (I want to admit that I really suck at promoting myself and my work). That leads us to a situation when people are starting their own translation, trying to solve the problems that already been solved, etc. Short said: they want the translation to be available through the game itself. They don't want to bother themselves to look for it anywhere else. And we just can't make it available that way in its present state. Here's the reason:

-sometimes we're changing *.xd or another files to make a full translation (That means, that in our own repository we have not only *.lang files, but the whole bunch of *.pk4 archives with all the modified stuff. In order to play it, you just put it in the mission folder - that's it! Without re-writing the original files and can be deleted at any time.)

Here's the possible solution:

Maybe - just maybe - TDM can have it's own *.pk archive instead of only *.lang file for each language? (For example: saintlucia_ru.pk4 / saintlucia_pl.pk4 / saintlucia_de.pk4 etc.) I thought it can be a flexible solution. Just want to know some opinions.

After that If I'd be given some rights to maintain the Russian section I would update it every time I got some fresh data. I also thought to write a manual for other translators, where all topics would be covered starting from patching the fonts and so on. And even make some video tutorials and upload them on youtube. But I want to be sure that all of that is worth something. Thanks to all of you who supported me and helped along the way. :blush:

• Anderson and Spooks like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: translation, russian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users