The Dark Mod Forums

Light volume resizing bug

@greebo: I am sure it could be considered as a feature, not a bug, but due to different lighting techniques I feel like it would be beneficial to fix it (if it's an easy fix).

Basically, when I rotate light volume around Y or X axis, I not longer can resize it. Or rather, if I drag the sides, it's being resized in unexpected manner (I can record video explaining what's happening after work).

Is it possible to make rotated light volume to be resized as if it's normal light volume?

I've noticed that, too. If you rotate it by 90 degrees, it will expand in the y-direction if you drag it at the x-axis and vice versa.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

@ motorsep

Thanks for reporting this. I fought with this same thing, working on my first mission. I was too ignorant to realize that, this is wrong. I now know that this whole thing is a work in progress.

Quando omni flunkus moritati" ("When all else fails, play dead")

Halloween Contest Winner 2014

The more lights that are present in a map a lag starts to take place whenever you move a light, with a lot of lights in a map this lag can stretch into seconds.

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

That never happened to me so far, probably because I'm not working on full-size maps most of the time. It's possible that DR's light interaction design causes lags when changing lights or a lot of primitives at the same time, but that is not something that is fixed easily. There are ideas to change it, but no actual steps have been taken so far to refactor this system.