• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

It's happening! It's also about twice the size of La Banque so I'm going to need a proper group effort to iron out the jank. If you're free for any good period of time over the next couple of days, I'd appreciate it if you could leave your name. I'll do it by way of first come first serve, so sign up and I'll PM you when I wake up!

#2 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4454 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:23 AM

I haven't tested in a while, and will have time from Sunday evening on. Sign me up.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#3 161803398874989

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:07 AM

Haven't played TDM in a while actually. Sounds like fun, so sign me up!

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

#4 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20320 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:22 AM

Happy to test in 2.03.

#5 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

Happy to try on 2.03

#6 Cookie

Cookie

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

If testers for 2.02 are needed, I would be willing to test, too^^

#7 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Got my testers, thanks! While I remember, this is the second map in a campaign. It's only been about two months from the first, so I'm worried that people won't want to replay the first to do the second, but at the same time the money carrying over is a big thing. Would people rather start from the start, or start from this new map with an arbitrary sum of spending cash to use?

#8 gnartsch

gnartsch

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:46 AM

Hmmm... so this is gona be a real campaing?

Afaik there is no real campaign out there so far, so it would be a good opportunity to get that new feature properly tested,

both with respect to loot-carry-over, cutscenes, and whatever else.

Just my 2 cents.

• Airship Ballet likes this

#9 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20320 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:47 AM

Afaik there is no real campaign out there so far, so it would be a good opportunity to get that new feature properly tested,

er, NHAT is a 3 mission campaign and has been around for a while now.

#10 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

Sure, but about the feedback? I'd love to hear from at least a few people, because otherwise I'll be getting complaints post festum.

Edited by Airship Ballet, 01 February 2015 - 09:43 AM.

#11 161803398874989

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Sure, but about the feedback? I'd love to hear from at least a few people, because otherwise I'll be getting complaints post festum.

You keep posting updated versions!

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

#12 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

You keep posting updated versions!

I'm updating each time a tester posts their findings! But no, not feedback about that, feedback about this:

It's only been about two months from the first, so I'm worried that people won't want to replay the first to do the second, but at the same time the money carrying over is a big thing. Would people rather start from the start, or start from this new map with an arbitrary sum of spending cash to use?

#13 161803398874989

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

If it's a campaign, make it carry over. You get a toooooon of loot in the first mission though, so you might wanna scale the objectives accordingly.

#14 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

Yeah, it already gets divided by a thousand: every thousand gold translates to one coin for the next mission. It's a workaround for having a satisfying amount of loot in a bank vault. I anticipated that there'd be some reluctance to replay La Banque again from the start, but if not I'm happy to leave it as a campaign: there are changes to the former mission anyways.

#15 Moonbo

Moonbo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

Hey Airship,

Personally, I like the idea of a campaign, but how about having a small starting map (kind of like those from Quake missions) where players could decide to either play a full campaign or flip to specific maps with preset loot loadouts. Not sure how much extra scripting work that would require, but it might help replayability in the future too.

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

#16 Noordung

Noordung

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

What about on easy you carry in next mission lets say 10% loot. On hard only 3%. Dont know how much loot is in map but you could change that percentage.

Edited by Noordung, 01 February 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#17 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

What about on easy you carry in next mission lets say 10% loot. On hard only 3%. Dont know how much loot is in map but you could change that percentage.

Nah, that system's alright as it is: loot carrying over works fine and is nicely balanced.

@Moonbo I actually have something of a love for in-game level select hubs, but last I read:

Most of the code is in place to support moving back and forth between missions w/o going back through the menu screens, but it is untested. There's no plan to fill in what's missing (yet).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users