Photo

Fan Mission: Chase Mercantile by Airship Ballet (2015/02/04)

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#51 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

Me during beta testing - and that was once I got the drawer open as at that stage the only bit which was frobbable was the handle

Of course there is always the readable in another office

Edited by Oldjim, 19 February 2015 - 04:41 AM.

#52 csamba

csamba

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

Two delightful missions, the second one is even more captivating. I happened to find the

Spoiler

However, I must have missed something obvious, because

Spoiler

#53 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

Spoiler

They do different things, neither of which affect the steam  ;) 

Glad you liked 'em, more on the way!~

#54 csamba

csamba

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

Any suggestion how to

Spoiler

#55 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

Any suggestion how to

Spoiler

Spoiler

#56 TheUnbeholden

TheUnbeholden

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

It all felt rather easy for me this one, except occasionally getting spotted moving into the hallway when someone switched the lights back on. Rather quick to get between the key areas, after doing an initial sweep, and the notes for hints are all in convenient areas near those key areas. The vault was pretty easy for me after knowing what to do with that pipe, although I didn't carry the bags around I figure there was an easier way if I spent the 4 gold for alternate drop point that I could have easily bought. Story and graphically its alright, certainly a bigger map than the ones I've played recently which is I think how TDM should be played. I liked the style of these missions, heists are definitely one of the better kinds of missions because you need to plan things ahead rather than just steal as go (although there is some of that to of course) and apart from novelty of assassination its what I would want out of a mission, I liked the size and more guards in slightly more difficult areas of this one better but it still felt a little to easy seeing as guards take quite long patrols (so minimal observing while doing a sweep, I go through it as fast as possible & seems to work fine) and you already have what you need to take on the 2 guards in the vault so its merely a matter of searching or buying the info to do the planning where to go first to minimize time in the hallways or going to rooms downstairs that serve no purpose apart from getting caught. I don't know how to make the mission harder given the layout, perhaps make taking out the guards not just a matter of gasing and knocking out the 2 down there, thanks for this, I certainly will play the next one if you decide to go further!

• Airship Ballet likes this

#57 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

I certainly will play the next one if you decide to go further!

Cheers! They're getting harder as they go. By the end I'll probably be alienating others and endearing you. Some people found even the first mission too difficult, which proves there's no universal difficulty standard. All I can do is slowly crank it up and provide something for everyone  ;)

#58 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

Of course if you want to make it harder - don't buy any favours and then try getting past the guard at the vault entrance

#59 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

With a guitar hero controller.

#60 Deadlove

Deadlove

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

Congrats!

Plastik Musik - Andrew Nathan Kite, Owner

plastikmusik33@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/plastikmusik /

http://www.youtube.com/plastikmusik

http://www.plastikmusik.bandcamp.com

#61 id3839315

id3839315

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

How do I get into Chase's vault?

Spoiler

Spoiler

#62 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

Spoiler

#63 id3839315

id3839315

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:55 AM

Found it. Thanks!

#64 Sotha

Sotha

Vertical Contest Winner

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5664 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

Did I just steal 34k loot? That has to be a record! Also, I've never come so close of getting it all.

This was a nice and well made mission.

Spoiler

Altogether a really nice mission. An enjoyable 1.5h, time flied and I had a great time. Thank you for making this!

Clipper
-The mapper's best friend.

#65 lowenz

lowenz

Uber member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2061 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:10 PM

Why buy an equipment drop when you could buy the items so that you have them immediately from the start? Why buy a guard removal when it is much more fun to KO them yourself?

Dishonored DLC touch :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#66 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

Thanks, Sotha. I'm glad you had a good time! The drawer button was originally built into the desk itself, but I wanted to make proper use of TDM's arsenal, so I attached it to the underside of the desk inside the drawer. It was impossible to see there, though, so I abandoned logic and attached it to the moving drawer instead. Now it's just really hard to see, and makes no sense, but it's something a little different compared to the billions of standard hidden button tricks in T1/2 missions. Since a large part of these missions is figuring out security mechanisms, I wanted people to have to think rather than checking the usual places until they found it. It threw people off, but it was the desired effect. When touching the two missions up upon the release of the third, I might come up with some different locations for it.

The equipment drops make no sense from a logical standpoint, but I threw that to the wind because I think it's fun having to work for your advantage. It contrives a way to make the player explore and go through a few challenges in order to gain the ability to douse every light on the map, or gas every elite on the premises. I wanted people to work for the advantage, rather than buying it with money they were gifted by the gods at map start. I came up with the idea of removing guards before I made the map, but it turned into a convenient way to include overpowered patrols without causing justifiable frustration. I can have these difficult elite patrols wandering the well-travelled areas of the map, or blocking important doors, and provide the player with ways to gas or outright remove them provided they choose wisely in the shop. Kinda like a lot of RPGs of yore, there are huge obstacles with easy ways to overcome them, provided you make the right choices. If you don't, you're in for a difficult time. Either way, it's both entertaining and rewarding, at least in my experience.

• grodenglaive and Deadlove like this

#67 161803398874989

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

The thing with equipment drops is that they can serve as a replenishment of your equipment halfway through the mission!

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

#68 c0mputer-fr0d

c0mputer-fr0d

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

really fun maps not to mention cool innovative concepts in both. The second mission pissed me off a bit because there was no wine glass on his desk and it's a bit linear. Also the rain audio while sounding really good, was so loud it was starting giving me a panic attack.

Edited by c0mputer-fr0d, 28 June 2015 - 07:14 AM.

• Anderson likes this

#69 c0mputer-fr0d

c0mputer-fr0d

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:40 AM

Spoiler

#70 grodenglaive

grodenglaive

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

I like a nice bank heist and this was two for the price of one. I found both missions to be satisfyingly challenging on "hard". 

I like that you are not afraid to try new things. Having to pay the cleaner to fix your indiscretions was an interesting way to deter kills and knockouts without banning them outright. I appreciate having the option in case you come across a guard that just needs killing. Unfortunately this mechanic didn't seem to work in the second bank and I ended up causing quite a bit of mayhem before the night was over (3 kills and several knock-outs without penalty). This reduced the challenge a fair bit, although it was still satisfying in its own way. 

There were enough clues scattered about the 2nd bank that I was able to locate all required items except for the Client List. I had to resort to the forums for that. Knowing where it was didn't help me much though - the guard(s) in that location seemed to have especially keen senses! That was the most challenging objective for me and very rewarding to complete.

There were just some minor bugs such as a couple places where my avatar got stuck after climbing on top of a desk or barrel, also the rain in the courtyard was extremely loud.

Thanks for the enjoyable missions, I look forward to the rest on the campaign. 

Also thanks for the rope arrow

Spoiler

#71 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

Played and finished it yesterday. Overall it was good! I'm typically a fan of missions where at least part of the action takes place in urban areas, but still enjoyed this.

Pro: Achieves a lot of gameplay and action on relatively small maps. Quality mapping with good details. I especially enjoy the special items you can buy before the mission starts, which let you pay off guards or get extra objectives... very useful idea which other missions could try to use in various forms!

Con: Not much that I can think of. If anything, the story doesn't get too much accent put on it throughout the game, just a but in the intro before you buy your equipment. I understood you're a thief going after rich people and banks... which is good, but I think something more motivating could have been found.

#72 llanita

llanita

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

I'm playing Quinn Co and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to

Spoiler

I also need help with the

Spoiler

Those are the only two objectives left and I can't finish till they're done

fosig_zpshhfnjs18.png

#73 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:43 AM

Check the thread for La Banque for the answer to the former. As for the latter, there's a drop button in the key bindings somewhere. I forget what it defaults to, is it R? It works for the key anyway, whatever it is.

#74 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:06 AM

Dropping the key is a bit finicky - try a few positions around the drawer

#75 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts