33 replies to this topic

#26 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4434 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

mindx2 of RPGCodex visited Otherside Entertainment and conducted a great, in-depth interview with precisely the kind of questions Looking Glass fans would be asking. Go check it out!

And don't forget that there are only 8 days left in the funding campaign. This is the big chance many of us have been waiting for for more than a decade. This could be Looking Glass 2.0.

• Baal, Mr. Tibbs and Goldwell like this
Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#27 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

They hit the goal of $600,000!

3c118f3013d03796de163d2ab9eab64f_large.g

https://www.kickstar...t/posts/1149122

Infact they are currently sitting at $611,000+ which is great, these guys seem like fantastic developers and deserve the best

Today we reached our base funding goal of $600,000. What to say…  

Humbled. 

Honored to have your support.

To be honest, a bit relieved that we did in fact reach this milestone.

Incredibly excited that we can now make the game we have so passionately wanted to make for twenty years, and do it together with you.

The Accountant Trilogy
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Shadows of Northdale Trilogy

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Spring Cleaning

#28 jaxa

jaxa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1298 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:07 AM

I backed my first kickstarter!

Boy it sure slowed down after $750k.

#29 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4434 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:40 AM

Here is a new video courtesy of Nekot the Brave:

Rather promising for a pre-alpha - buggy, feature incomplete, but the atmosphere is to die for, and looks like the exploration opportunities will be very generous. I want to play thins game, and I want to make missions for it.

• AluminumHaste, Baal and Goldwell like this
Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#30 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

why aren't they doing Thief spiritual successor... :>(

It's called The Dark Mod......

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#31 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2539 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

I didn't see any recent discussions about Underworld Ascendant here or at TTLG.com, so figured I'd update this one. I saw they now have pre-alpha gameplay footage of the training level. Cool! And their channel has a few other videos from the past month I have to watch still... 

Youtube: "Underworld Ascendant Training Level"

Here's a link to their news updates page (where I found the video link): https://otherside-e....-pax-east-more/

Although I'm sad this isn't a Thief game or Thief spinoff, which I would far prefer, it does intrigue me. Is awesome to hear Stephen Russell! I never played the game(s) that inspired this (Ultima Underworld?). I plan to buy this game when it comes out because of the emergent gameplay aspects, the setting, etc. Casting magic spells from hands turns me off a little in games (Dishonored, Bioshock, etc.), but it's okay. Not every game can be Thief :)

I wonder if they got Eric Brosius on-board for the ambients/music, too. That'd be amazing

Edited by Darkness_Falls, 06 May 2018 - 09:32 PM.

#32 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:17 PM

Although I'm sad this isn't a Thief game or Thief spinoff, which I would far prefer, it does intrigue me.

It looks like a similar genre and the gigantous dungeon scenario is easier to optimize. So the final game should be playable with 30 FPS even on my ancient gaming rig.

#33 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

Lol. :D That training level is kind of the antithesis to what games are like nowadays. "I will not hold you hand, try to think." That already deserves a kudos. I never played Ultima Underworld, but, this looks cool. Not quite sure i like the graphical style though, already had objections against it with the screenshots they showed some years ago.

#34 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

I wonder if they got Eric Brosius on-board for the ambients/music, too. That'd be amazing

Almost sounds like it in the training level. I mean, i don't really know if it's him, but, surely resembles the Thief soundtrack. And soaking arrows!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users