The Dark Mod Forums

The Lute of Oralaphalese (Prequel Story)

Sir Taffsalot

The Lute of Oralaphalese

Oralaphalese was said to play his lute so beautifully that the vibration of his lute's strings would resonate so magically that they could resonate to the point that they could distort the time and space between worlds. He would play music to his beloved Louralise and open up channels between this world and that of the Master Builder's so his lute melodies would play amongst the beautiful voices of the Master Builder's angels and the plucking of their harps. Louralise could not resist the beauty of his music and she fell in love with him.

The Trixter saw this and sent a demon to take her soul away down into the depths of his kingdom. Oralaphalese was so devastated to loose his beloved that he used his lute to open a path to the land of the Trixter to bring his beloved Lourlise back to the land of the living.

Creating a doorway between the land of the living and the land of the damned, Oralaphales laid down his lute and ran into the world of the damned to rescue his beloved. Without his lute to open doorways into other worlds he and his beloved were never able to return. His lute is all that remains.

This remains on display in the foyer of the opera house on the land of Lytaglion. The Lute of Oralaphalese is going to fetch a nice price.

I would like to first find the lute, then I 'd like to know why Oralaphalese loves Louralise and why are they separated and how his melodies would play among the master builders angels and their harps and open up channels between this world and that of the Master Builder's.

Also can I find Loot to collect so as to buy my way out if I cannot find an open doorway?

I need to go to Litigation and find a legion and a lute.

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

This does make me wonder if we will come into contact with this land of the damned, or even visit it. That would be quite a dark undertaking. Just wondering, no doubt you have made your plans already ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds intriguing. Is this a mission we'll get to see pretty soon?

I only started work on this FM a week ago. So it won't be any time soon. There's some screenshots of the stage area in the What Are You Working On Now thread.

• Like 1

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

• 2 months later...

lute2_zps8owumaaw.jpg

The Lytaglion Opera house is currently doing a play based around the tragedy of Oralaphalese. What is said to be Oralaphalese's Lute is on display in a heavily guarded display case in the foyer. My informant tells me that the case has been heavily modified so that conventional lock picks cannot open the case. The only way to to open it is to access the security system in the basement.

Unfortunately the actors and actresses of the play are causing a bit of a fuss. Legend has it that Oralaphalese, intent on bringing himself and his beloved Louralise back to this world, wonders between this world and that of the Trixters. Unfortunately without the Lute to re-open the gateway between worlds, Oralaphalese is nothing more than a shadow that wonders around the basement of the Lytaglion opera house.

The actors and actresses of the play refuse to go into the basement stating that a dark shadow always stalks them and that objects move of their own accord. It has even got to the point were it is considrered bad luck to say "Oralaphalese" and it is now referred to as the Lytaglion play.

Sorry Oralaphalese. It's time for the fat lady to sing!

Edited by Sir Taffsalot
  • Like 4

The Joker

The actors and actresses of the play refuse to go into the basement stating that a dark shadow always stalks there

Sinister, eerie elements are things I can always appreciate in a mission :)

There's going to be a few scripted events down in the dark eerie depths of the opera house basement. I won't say too much.

I'm also working on my own personal soundtrack for this FM. As the main objective is to steal a lute, me and my mate Graham have written 7 songs in the style of classical / folk guitar music. I intend to have 12 by the time of the FM release. Graham has recording facilities at his place so once we get the music all sorted out I'll post one or two tracks in the WAYWON thread.

Edited by Sir Taffsalot
  • Like 1

The Joker