Photo

Fan Mission: Sir Talbot's Collateral by Baal & Bikerdude (15/04/2015)

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#126 Taquito

Taquito

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

Excellent mission. I really felt like I was one with the shadows. Something that is sometimes lacking in other missions. Everything felt so natrual and fluid. Thanks to the attention to detail of the creators. The object placemente was perfect and for me this is really important for the I didn't had to step on chests to pick the items like in other missions. This enhanced the experience even more.

I don't agree with some comments about the backtracking. It didnt felt that way for me. Specially since everything in the map is so adjacent and combined with the fact that there's so many shadows in all hallways makes it exiting and fun. The map is a bit overwhelming at first but the still fun due to it's design.

The art direction was great too. The engine room, the winery, the bedrooms. They all had intricated and detailed decorations.

10 out of 10 from me. :)

#127 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17862 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

Glad you enjoyed it and your welcome :-)

#128 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:38 AM

Simply loved it.

It felt like what Thief 3 was trying to accomplish with some of it's more aristocratic missions.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#129 Baal

Baal

Hero Mapper

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:01 AM

Thanks to everyone sharing their opinion.

V-Man, I have seen your Let's Play. Thanks for doing that. I always wanted to see how people play the mission and I hope more will surface in the future.

#130 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:08 AM

Thanks to everyone sharing their opinion.

V-Man, I have seen your Let's Play. Thanks for doing that. I always wanted to see how people play the mission and I hope more will surface in the future.

Hah, Let's Plays implies I would dare to destroy your atmosphere with my voice.

No, I'm not into that, it's why we have annotations.

Don't take me as the common player, either, I tend to do all loot stealth score 0 runs as a form of self-challenge.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#131 llanita

llanita

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

Excellent FM! One of my faves now.  

fosig_zpshhfnjs18.png

#132 Baal

Baal

Hero Mapper

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:19 AM

Nice. Thank you.

#133 Silverd

Silverd

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

To be honest I am a bit disappointed by this mission, I dunno ... I do not really find the objectives very clear, the optional objective did not work for me and I just cannot get into a smooth play.

Spoiler

For the video at the beginning subtitles would be good, because I think it is not that easy to understand.

Good: Enemy customization, good atmosphere and overall setting.

Still thank you for this map!

#134 Baal

Baal

Hero Mapper

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

Thanks, no problem.

The objectives and readables in this mission never tell you outright where to go and what to do but they should give you enough information. At least that's what we tried to achieve. Can you be more specific on what was unclear to you, please?

The secret objective is not important. The problem you had with it only occured once while beta testing and we don't know what caused it. It is a mod bug anyway, I can't do much about it.

Edited by Baal, 15 October 2015 - 04:12 PM.

#135 Silverd

Silverd

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

Sure!

Spoiler
I am more used to linear maps, where the objectives are quite clear and fast to tackle. I dislike it when I have to spend more time searching for fulfilling objectives than exploring, fighting, looting, stealing or whatever else. Also the evidence objective seems to take another while in searching.

Might be that the purpose of this map is diametrical to my personal preferences.

Actually I am not yet even sure what this mission is about, as I have got some troubles understanding the introduction video. Maybe subtitles really would be a good idea?

#136 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:35 AM

Actually I am not yet even sure what this mission is about, as I have got some troubles understanding the introduction video. Maybe subtitles really would be a good idea?

I found this on Bikerdudes YouTube page for the briefing video if it helps

"Break into the house of Frederick Talbot, a wealthy businessman who requires the services of a thief, to demonstrate your mastery of the trade and leave him a message in his own bedroom."

The Accountant Series
Part 1: A Noble Home (complete rebuild coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#137 Baal

Baal

Hero Mapper

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:41 AM

This is the intro videos text (written by Melan, by the way):

I suppose it is not commonplace in my line of work to receive an invitation from a future client, and every honest craftsman would take a person like that for a snitch, a madman or an insurance fraud. So to say I took Sir Talbot, an up and coming factor with an orderly home, a devoted wife and a clean pair of hands for all three would be no overstatement.

Yet when he spread the word in the right kind of places that he was looking for the services of a professional, the price was high enough to turn my head. It is not my style to just get up and introduce myself to a suspicious character, but I also asked a few questions, spent a few days observing Sir Talbot's home near Haylittle Market, and now I've got my own proposal to make.

I will give this Talbot character a demonstration of my talents, place my calling card in his bedroom, and leave undetected. What's more, I intend to take a good look at those clean pair of hands to see if the stories are indeed too good to be true. But hey: with the hands he will soon be shaking, what's a little dirt between us? He might see it as blackmail; but me, I'd rather think of it as collateral.

• Spoiler
  • Might be that the purpose of this map is diametrical to my personal preferences.
  • This objective is not supposed to be easy to find, that's why it is optional? There is a (hidden) readable giving clues about it.
    Spoiler
  • Yes, the map is nonlinear on purpose. I like it that way.

Edited by Baal, 16 October 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#138 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

I just now got around to playing it. This is by far one of the best and most near-perfect TDM missions out there! It has a nice and less ordinary story, great visuals and architecture, many objectives to complete, lots of secret areas to find. Really great work, I liked everything about it :)

#139 Baal

Baal

Hero Mapper

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

Thanks. We're glad you liked it. And it's always nice to get (positive) feedback.

#140 Don Locust

Don Locust

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:06 PM

great and well done fm, thank you guys and Archemappers.

I could find all objectives, alas not the 2nd dirt ... any hint for me please? :)

#141 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17862 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

• Archemappers.
  • I could find all objectives, alas not the 2nd dirt
  • Thats a new one on me :blink:
  • Which objective/s are you unable to complete..?

#142 Baal

Baal

Hero Mapper

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:30 AM

Thank you!

You'r refering to the "Find dirt on Talbot" objective, right?

First, 

Spoiler

Second,

Spoiler

#143 Gerberox

Gerberox

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:39 AM

Could you help me a bit?

Spoiler

#144 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17862 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

Hmm, from memory I believe you just place it in his  footlocker near his desk..

#145 Gerberox

Gerberox

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

He has a desk but when I put the diary on the desk the objective doesn't marked to be fulfilled. I tried different positions.

16ae88p.jpg

Edited by Gerberox, 04 February 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#146 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17862 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

Wrong desk and that dosent look like the right room. The main bed room has Lady talbot asleep in it and the desk you need is next to the window.

#147 Gerberox

Gerberox

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

Thanks, got it.

This is the best mission so far for me.

#148 Gast

Gast

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

Just completed this mission and it's a really good one. It took me about one hour and it was fun, perfectly balanced in fact. Every space is coherent, you know at first glance where you are when entering a room and this helps immersion a lot. This brought back memories of the Rutherford Castle and TDS in general, atmosphere wise. 

#149 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17862 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:34 AM

Baal and I are glad you liked it ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users