Dishonored 2

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#1 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

After a year of rumors and leaks, the anticipated sequel to Dishonored has officially been announced.

At least it's a different location, but I'm not sure how having both Corvo and Emily as playable characters would work, especially since their fates are determined by the player's choices in the original Dishonored.

• Diego, Melan, 7upMan and 1 other like this
"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

#2 Morat

Morat

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

What makes you say that Corvo will be playable? He doesn't appear at all in the trailer. 

#3 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:35 PM

What makes you say that Corvo will be playable? He doesn't appear at all in the trailer. 

That's what Bethesda has stated, you'll be able to switch between them.

#4 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18527 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:16 AM

Looks Sweet.

#5 wesp5

wesp5

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:00 AM

Looks Sweet.

Looks prerendered ;). Did they announce what engine this is running on? I don't believe Unreal 3 could pull something off like this. Unreal 4 or RAGE?

Edited by wesp5, 15 June 2015 - 03:01 AM.

#6 161803398874989

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:22 AM

At the start of the story you get to choose between Emily and Corvo, and then you finish the entire game as the character you picked. You do not get to switch between characters mid-story. They have different powers, different animations, and the people in the world react differently to each of the characters.

Show announcement

Post announcement interview

^for those of you who haven't seen it yet

Looks prerendered ;). Did they announce what engine this is running on? I don't believe Unreal 3 could pull something off like this. Unreal 4 or RAGE?

It's a cinematic trailer, it's not even in-engine probably. Probably going to be Unreal 4. They make it look as good as possible and don't pretend that this is what the engine can do. I respect that.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

#7 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:48 AM

At the start of the story you get to choose between Emily and Corvo, and then you finish the entire game as the character you picked. You do not get to switch between characters mid-story. They have different powers, different animations, and the people in the world react differently to each of the characters.

Sort of like the first Tenchu game.

#8 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:10 AM

Interesting catch from the trailer: new rats (infection vectors)=crows and crow=Corvo (in italian) :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#9 jay pettitt

jay pettitt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:06 AM

Err, Crows? Where? Mostly I see Seagulls :unsure:

There's graffiti to read. Some of it reads 'Death to the Duke' and 'Howlers come at night'...

Edited by jay pettitt, 15 June 2015 - 05:06 AM.

#10 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2137 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:40 AM

After watching the Bethesda post show they announced it will be released in Spring 2016 and apparently the city it takes place in is the home place of Corvo, should be some interesting backstory there.

Speaking of the setting i'm really loving the city they choose this time, a pirate-esque down by the bay feel. My favorite Thief fm setting is the bay/pirate based ones so it will be fantastic to explore this game in that setting.

The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#11 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13752 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

It's a cinematic trailer, it's not even in-engine probably. Probably going to be Unreal 4. They make it look as good as possible and don't pretend that this is what the engine can do. I respect that.

The Dishonored 2 fact sheet from last years E3 said idTech5, not unreal.

Dishonored-21.jpg

#12 jay pettitt

jay pettitt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:03 AM

Is that genuine? Some of the info seems wrong - not least that there was no reveal in 2014.

Edited by jay pettitt, 15 June 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#13 161803398874989

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

The Dishonored 2 fact sheet from last years E3 said idTech5, not unreal.

Dishonored-21.jpg

That "fact sheet" is complete and utter horseshit.

Excuse my french, but that's what it is.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

#14 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5184 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

I could believe it's a mock-up someone on their staff, possibly totally out of touch with development, threw together for demo-ing, not official and before they had full info. But it'd be easy for some random person to outright fake too. Either way, the cat's out of the bag now anyway.
Posted Image

#15 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:18 AM

I could believe it's a mock-up someone on their staff, possibly totally out of touch with development, threw together for demo-ing, not official and before they had full info. But it'd be easy for some random person to outright fake too. Either way, the cat's out of the bag now anyway.

There were some things the fake leaks got right, such as being able to play as Emily.

#16 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13752 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

That "fact sheet" is complete and utter horseshit.

Excuse my french, but that's what it is.

I don't know if it is or not.  It says 'for internal use only' right on it, so it wasn't meant to be seen by the public.  This has been discussed before on TTLG but since Zenimax owns Bethesda it seems logical that it might encourage their studios to use their own tech.

#17 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

Err, Crows? Where? Mostly I see Seagulls :unsure:

There's graffiti to read. Some of it reads 'Death to the Duke' and 'Howlers come at night'...

Mmmmm, those birds inside the dead body?

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#18 brethren

brethren

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

The thought is that the "fact sheet' is/was a fake.  it states the game will take place in Tyvia, which is in the far northwest of Dishonored's world.  The E3 announcement today states the opposite, that the game will take place in Serkonos, which is in the south.

They've also stated no multiplayer.  So really the only thing it got right was "new main character."  And then it says "Annihilate The Outsider."  WTF?  Sounds like the person who wrote that might have some issues with translating to English.  That and all the strange placing of hyphens..  I'm guessing someone was having some fun.

• 161803398874989 likes this

#19 jay pettitt

jay pettitt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

Mmmmm, those birds inside the dead body?

Goin by the number of legs and wings, I don't think those are birds.

notcrows.png

#20 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

Goin by the number of legs and wings, I don't think those are birds.

They're called Bloodflies, as stated by Harvey Smith on his Twitter account.

#21 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5184 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

The idea that you can play as Emily isn't entirely unpredictable too. It's an obvious option following the last game, so it's not crazy to say a person just fishing for ideas could get that right.
Posted Image

#22 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:31 AM

Seems, DH2 will use so named Void Engine, which is presumably based on id Tech (5? 6?).

#23 161803398874989

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:03 AM

Seems, DH2 will use so named Void Engine, which is presumably based on id Tech (5? 6?).

Source to back that up?

#24 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13752 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:21 AM

Bethesda trademarked the Void Engine which is based on idTech.  Certainly seems to be enough rumors floating around for it to be real.  I just sent Harvey Smith a message on twitter to see if he's able to clear it up. 

• MoroseTroll likes this

#25 jay pettitt

jay pettitt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

Snippets! Some graffiti reads 'The Crown Killer is Watching' (30s). At the end of the trailer, the assassination target (The Duke, I'm guessing) appeals to Emily 'Think before you strike, you'll become the assassin we claimed you were...'

So there's a bit of a plot thing there. The dishonour in the game comes from anti-royalist propaganda, orchestrated by nobility(?) or some such.

Edited by jay pettitt, 16 June 2015 - 08:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users