Dishonored 2

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#226 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that, from the artistical point of view, both Dishonored 2 & Death of the Outsider are masterpieces.

#227 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

They are, as some of the single levels. They both fall apart as whole games/campaigns though, the narrative doesn't match gameplay. In that regard Arkane's Prey is much stronger, from start to finish.

#228 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:16 AM

I hope next game, if there is one, takes place as a Pandyssian safari/colonization attempt. Meet some of the Albino Natives the developers were mulling over, or land whales.

#229 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1801 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

Maybe I'm wrong

Absolutely not :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#230 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1801 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

https://kotaku.com/t...ider-1818610386

EDIT: https://www.behance....of-the-Outsider

Edited by lowenz, 16 December 2017 - 01:33 PM.

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#231 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19975 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

Ive just finished replaying DS1, now on KOD, then TBMW, then play DS2 and Emily.

Many I would love to create a fan based level for DS1

#232 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

Ive just finished replaying DS1, now on KOD, then TBMW, then play DS2 and Emily.

Many I would love to create a fan based level for DS1

I sure as hell would love to, as well. It's such a shame most games don't get official level editors or modding support. At least we've got a level editor for Alekhine's Gun, that's closest to an official level editor for Hitman as we can get.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

#233 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

I've already tried to ask Arkane about the level editor for Dishonored 1 about 4 years ago, but have got no answer. Maybe you, Bikerdude, should try :)?

#234 Arcturus

Arcturus

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1628 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

I've just finished the bank mission from Death of the outsider. It was in my opinion a great thiefy experience, with some good puzzles and an incentive to play ghost style. I recommend.

• Judith likes this

It's only a model... /// My channel on YouTube /// CGtrader , Turbosquid

#235 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

I, personally, believe that the bank mission in Death of the Outsider is an homage to the corresponding mission in Thief 2. Also, it's a hint to the Thief 2014 developers, like "That's how a bank mission should've been implemented".

• Bikerdude likes this

#236 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1801 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:09 AM

I, personally, believe that the bank mission in Death of the Outsider is an homage to the corresponding mission in Thief 2. Also, it's a hint to the Thief 2014 developers, like "That's how a bank mission should've been implemented".

Bank mission in T2014 was good but really simple :P

DX Mankind Divided has the best bank mission of the last years IMHO.

Edited by lowenz, 27 December 2017 - 08:10 AM.

• Bikerdude likes this

#237 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

Bank mission in T2014 was good but really simple :P

Really simple? Agreed. Good? I'm not sure. IMO, it was a cheap knock-off "We did what you wanted, can we please go home?" fan-service mission, no offense :).

DX Mankind Divided has the best bank mission of the last years IMHO.

I must admit that that mission was good, maybe really good, but I'm still not sure that it was the best one. I vote for the DotO's corresponding mission ;).

• Petike the Taffer likes this

#238 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1801 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:28 AM

Fan service for sure!

#239 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:41 AM

Part of the lacklustering of the bank heist mission in Thief 2014 comes from the fact that their engine has the worst trap mechanics implementation ever. It would have been a pretty solid and satisfying mission if they had some properly implemented physics-based traps like they are possible (although rarely realized) in TDM.

#240 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1801 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:24 AM

Museum (a pseudobank :D  ) mission too in T3 was good enough.

Edited by lowenz, 28 December 2017 - 08:24 AM.

#241 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

Agreed.

#242 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:56 AM

Museum (a pseudobank :D  ) mission too in T3 was good enough.

Hehe, that one was great. The bank mission in Thief 2 was a bit too confusing, architecture wise, for me. GTA Vice City had a pretty good bank mission as well. ;)

#243 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

Think we will ever get to go to Pandyssia in a future game, and see the amazing Natural Wonders?

#244 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

Many things are possible with the kind of lore they created there. Maybe even an offspring, which hasn't much to do with Dishonored, gameplay wise.

#245 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:20 AM

Think we will ever get to go to Pandyssia in a future game, and see the amazing Natural Wonders?

That would be nice, but who knows... Dishonored 2 has been sold more-less good on PS4 (1.78m), Steam (1.04m), XBO (0.77m), but perhaps Bethesda wanted more than that. Plus, looks like DotO is weak enough, in terms of commercial success. So I'm not sure about Dishonored 3, though I'd love to play it very much :) - the universe is huge and can be expanded in any direction.

#246 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:26 AM

No wonder. The kids rather want fast, easy, and shallow these days. Let's hope they won't rape (or cease) yet another stealth franchise.

Edited by chakkman, 29 December 2017 - 07:29 AM.

#247 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

Well, if Pandyssia is as dangerous and beautiful as they say it is, it could be a tropical version of an Elder Scrolls game, with a big game hunting system and first contact with the hulking albino men of the continent.

#248 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

No wonder. The kids rather want fast, easy, and shallow these days. Let's hope they won't rape (or cease) yet another stealth franchise.

Seriously, fuck these scumbag companies! And yes, the fact that many people would rather play COD, GTA, Minecraft, Nintendo games etc. than a single fucking stealth game. Makes my efforts to promote my mods harder.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users