The Dark Mod Forums

Dishonored 2

Cambridge Spy

I finally got around to finishing my first time through with Corvo. Playing the mostly low-chaos, non-leathal assault style I really enjoyed the game.

However I do have a couple points about story...

I personally thought the main story was the weakest area in the game. Considering how much they went through to make the lives of the NPCs believable, I wish they took that same approach with the overarching narrative. Mainly how cut and dry the beginning and end were. The little things like playing hide and seek with Emily in the first game really added a much needed touch to the beginning. Here I find it wasn't just lacking that charismatic aspect, but it also made less sense that all you're subjects and nobles just roll over to the fact of Delilah announcing her reign. Considering nearly all of them are shot not more than a moment later, the lack in panic (or even loyalty?) really made that scene stale to me from the start. I felt there needed to be a bit more time for conversation to aid the narrative with Corvo and Emily as well. It was cohesive enough, but it felt like they only gave it the mandatory lines and put the rest of their attention elsewhere.

So there's my two cents on the matter. Otherwise I really loved the experience and I plan on being more scrutinizing with searching the levels (cleaning them out more) on my next playthrough as Emily.

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

Yesterday, I could not resist any longer and bought the game from my Christmas money. Just one question: Is there a sginificant difference in gameplay/story when playing as Corvo vs playing with Emily? I started my non-lethal playthrough with Corvo (which is, as far as I can tell after Chapter 2, very similar to part one) and wondered, if there are any major differences as Emily.

the tutorial in the second game is basically corvo teaching emily how to use her non void skills. basically the hide and seek from first game.

emily has different void skills than corvo. although a recent patch means if you've played as the other one then you can get either emily and corvo's void skills in a game+.

Having completed it as Corvo and Emily I think that Emily is easier if you are trying for all runes / all Souvenirs while ghosting as you can use pull and link to great effect

However pull is one of the more aggravating ones as there isn't a separate key for it and you can often use far reach when you don't want to (quick save is a godsend here)

Edited by Oldjim

I thought I'd play as the "usual" i.e. Corvo first. I actually try to get at least all runes and bone charms, but have already missed one rune in chapter two. I think I depended too much on the heart and missed a side quest somewhere. Anyway, I think Emily will be very interesting, too. I just was not sure if I can look forward to a different story, but apparently not.

Just one question: Is there a sginificant difference in gameplay/story when playing as Corvo vs playing with Emily?

Some Emily's features, like Domino and Mesmerize, can make your playthrough simpler and funnier :). The story, AFAIK, is pretty the same, excluding comments on the environment.

I actually try to get at least all runes and bone charms, but have already missed one rune in chapter two. I think I depended too much on the heart and missed a side quest somewhere.

I haven't played Dishonored 2 yet, but, isn't it like in part 1, where you get a "detector" which tells you where the runes are?

I haven't played Dishonored 2 yet, but, isn't it like in part 1, where you get a "detector" which tells you where the runes are?

Yes, the heart makes a return. Also, been playing a bit of Dishonored 2 yesterday. It seems guards can notice missing loot and open doors now, just like in TDM.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

Thanks, i saw that. Not low enough for cheapskate-ish me though. :D I may grab it when i see it at a reseller for a low enough price. I actually bought Mankind Divided just, for 16 € on Steam, so i hope that Dishonored 2 might hit that mark soon too. Or, at least, below 30 €.

• 3 months later...

Here we are :D

Is it possible to disable the horrible vignette effect when I'm crouched down?

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

I too crummbled and got it on the steam sale. Feels very nice as the first one did. A bit framey here and there on 1070. Not a major problem.

"Is it possible to disable the horrible vignette effect when I'm crouched down?"

Yeah I too dislike this big time. Given I tend to play 90% of the game crouching - its seem a major oversight to have almost half the screen faded out for most of the game I think. A crouching icon would be far preferable...

So, anyone knows how to:

*turn off/modify the default sharpening (it's good but I prefer to control the value)

*disable the vignette when crouching

:(

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• 5 months later...

This expansion is SO WELL CRAFTED!

Recommanded to all this community members.

The first level is the "perfect little level" example we need in TDM.

Edited by lowenz