• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#176 brethren

brethren

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

Also, ghosting this game seems almost impossible.

#177 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPip
  • 1999 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

Ghosting was no problem even on Very Hard but not in no powers where it is probably impossible

#178 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

Is it now in good shape? (from the technical perspective)

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#179 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

Yes.

#180 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1658 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

am doing a run through in high chaos and your sword dices the the guards and others into lumpy pieces. you can end up with arms and legs, heads, and 2 half's of a body cut through at the waist in all its gory details.

#181 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPip
  • 1999 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

A bit like Dying Light but not as gory :D

#182 Epifire

Epifire

• Active Developer
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

I finally got around to finishing my first time through with Corvo. Playing the mostly low-chaos, non-leathal assault style I really enjoyed the game.

However I do have a couple points about story...

Spoiler

So there's my two cents on the matter. Otherwise I really loved the experience and I plan on being more scrutinizing with searching the levels (cleaning them out more) on my next playthrough as Emily.

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#183 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1227 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

Yesterday, I could not resist any longer and bought the game from my Christmas money. Just one question: Is there a sginificant difference in gameplay/story when playing as Corvo vs playing with Emily? I started my non-lethal playthrough with Corvo (which is, as far as I can tell after Chapter 2, very similar to part one) and wondered, if there are any major differences as Emily.

#184 Epifire

Epifire

• Active Developer
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

I don't think there's any major story differences from what I could gather. I haven't confirmed that as I haven't started my Emily play through yet.

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#185 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1658 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

the tutorial in the second game is basically corvo teaching emily how to use her non void skills. basically the hide and seek from first game.

emily has different void skills than corvo. although a recent patch means if you've played as the other one then you can get either emily and corvo's void skills in a game+.

#186 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPip
  • 1999 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

Having completed it as Corvo and Emily I think that Emily is easier if you are trying for all runes / all Souvenirs while ghosting as you can use pull and link to great effect

However pull is one of the more aggravating ones as there isn't a separate key for it and you can often use far reach when you don't want to (quick save is a godsend here)

Edited by Oldjim, 29 December 2016 - 12:30 PM.

#187 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1227 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

I thought I'd play as the "usual" i.e. Corvo first. I actually try to get at least all runes and bone charms, but have already missed one rune in chapter two. I think I depended too much on the heart and missed a side quest somewhere. Anyway, I think Emily will be very interesting, too. I just was not sure if I can look forward to a different story, but apparently not.

#188 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:34 AM

Just one question: Is there a sginificant difference in gameplay/story when playing as Corvo vs playing with Emily?

Some Emily's features, like Domino and Mesmerize, can make your playthrough simpler and funnier :). The story, AFAIK, is pretty the same, excluding comments on the environment.

#189 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

I actually try to get at least all runes and bone charms, but have already missed one rune in chapter two. I think I depended too much on the heart and missed a side quest somewhere.

I haven't played Dishonored 2 yet, but, isn't it like in part 1, where you get a "detector" which tells you where the runes are?

#190 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

I haven't played Dishonored 2 yet, but, isn't it like in part 1, where you get a "detector" which tells you where the runes are?

Yes, the heart makes a return. Also, been playing a bit of Dishonored 2 yesterday. It seems guards can notice missing loot and open doors now, just like in TDM.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

#191 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

Nice. I only wait for a sale to strike. :) (and i hope it will run ok on my "totally deprecated", 3 year old computer...)

Edited by chakkman, 02 January 2017 - 10:51 AM.

#192 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1227 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

Steam still has its winter sale, where you can get it for 40€, if this is not too much for you.

#193 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

Thanks, i saw that. Not low enough for cheapskate-ish me though. :D I may grab it when i see it at a reseller for a low enough price. I actually bought Mankind Divided just, for 16 € on Steam, so i hope that Dishonored 2 might hit that mark soon too. Or, at least, below 30 €.

#194 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

For me too, waiting for the next sales and maybe some patches :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#195 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

Here we are :D

Is it possible to disable the horrible vignette effect when I'm crouched down?

Edited by lowenz, 12 April 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#196 tefdal

tefdal

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

I too crummbled and got it on the steam sale. Feels very nice as the first one did. A bit framey here and there on 1070.  Not a major problem.

"Is it possible to disable the horrible vignette effect when I'm crouched down?"

Yeah I too dislike this big time. Given I tend to play 90% of the game crouching - its seem a major oversight to have almost half the screen faded out for most of the game I think. A crouching icon would be far preferable...

#197 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

So, anyone knows how to:

*turn off/modify the default sharpening (it's good but I prefer to control the value)

*disable the vignette when crouching

:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users