Dishonored 2

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#201 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

I've just ghosted whole DotO on the hardest difficulty :).

#202 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

I assume you paid to get into the club in the first part as I sneaked in and although there were no alerts I still massively failed

#203 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

Sorry, were you talking about the baths? If so, yes, I had to pay to enter.

Edited by MoroseTroll, 18 September 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#204 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

thought so - one for the ghost playthrough

#205 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

Im loving d2:doto

#206 Atomica

Atomica

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

I'll never get used to ghosting as a playstyle (unless forced). Easiest way to miss loot and everything take 3x as long to do compared to just choking/knocking someone out. :)

Oh my God! JC! A bomb!

#207 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:14 AM

Generally I don't like ghosting in Dishonored, there are too many things that can happen by accident, and quicksave / quickload fest sucks out a lot of fun. I really like what MGS V did with it, as it made me stop worrying about the perfect score, and just let me improvise when something goes wrong, and improve my playstyle in the process.

#208 Epifire

Epifire

• Active Developer
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

Generally I don't like ghosting in Dishonored, there are too many things that can happen by accident, and quicksave / quickload fest sucks out a lot of fun. I really like what MGS V did with it, as it made me stop worrying about the perfect score, and just let me improvise when something goes wrong, and improve my playstyle in the process.

I can tend to agree to that. I usually end up stealthing my infiltration best I can, and go artfully smashy if things go amiss. The general goal is to hold practical stealth as long as possible but only as long as it doesn't jeopardize the mission. I really like the tense rush it becomes when stealth is blown and all of a sudden the improvising comes into play. It really does help you learn the game mechanics and your go-to's for combat as well. My favorite playstyle as I've coined it, is the passive assault playthrough. I don't get high chaos because I don't actually kill a lot (unless they're real bad dudes) so I get a good ending, some sneaky beaky and some swashbuckler mixed in!  B)

• Judith likes this

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#209 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:21 AM

I think I might be playing it wrong, i.e. I always start with no-killing ghost playthrough in mind, which makes learning the environment almost impossible. It's a "no mistakes or a quickload" situation. In the end I only got ghost playthrough because one dude in Addermire got scared of me making a sound and accidently jumped off a cliff. That counted as my fault, and I missed it.

But, on the second playthrough, I'm trying a "no powers, no kills" run, which is actually really fun way to play. I am trying to be stealthy as usual, but when I fail, I either run or knock people out. It has its own nice flow and I don't have to reload unless I accidentally kill someone.

#210 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

Death of the Outsider

I needed to watch a video playthrough of getting into Shan Yun's House because I found the note about the secret knock before I should have and the marker to the door wasn't there when I tried to find it - more beta testing needed :D

I don't know if it gets any more difficult but the safe opening problem was quite easy providing you read the various notes

All I need now is to complete the two last contracts before I leave the area as I am going for all Contracts including the ones from the Black Market Shop

Edited by Oldjim, 20 September 2017 - 04:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users