The Dark Mod Forums

The Necrobobicon

Bob Necro

Hey, no problem, I'm planning to release all the textures that don't get picked up for core as a separate pack anyway.

Moar: http://goo.gl/photos/LneUxqSfzxVHssPw6

More improvements. Mostly tweaked normal maps as per usual, but also one pair of diffuses with baked shadows toned down a bit to let the normals do their thang +one brick wall redone in twice the resolution.

http://goo.gl/photos/9SKP6vXkvFV5UJhFA

Didn't die. Here's the first bunch, of MANY more to come:

http://goo.gl/photos/wopDg9y6tdnHuyQ59

Feel free to add all, some or none to the core mod resourc

Done #14331

We support multi-stage materials with image manipulation functions so I guess that's a yes. I haven't played with this yet so I can't say whether its as straight forward as doing blend blend or if there's a more diffuse friendly way.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I've never heard of a tint map in TDM. The only way I know of to blend two textures is using vertex blending.

Technically all the dirt decals in TDM are "tint maps" minus the diffuse, specular, and normal stages that would make them opaque. It's similar to how you might refer to the additive stage in a material as an emissive map.

A material shader with a tint map might look something like this...

material textures/whatever
{
    diffusemap      textures/diffuse.tga
    bumpmap         textures/bumpmap.tga
    specularmap     textures/specular.tga
    {
        blend    filter
        map    textures/tint.tga
    }
}

Edit: There's a nice WebGL demo that demonstrates opengl blend modes for those who are curious...

http://threejs.org/examples/webgl_materials_blending_custom.html

Edited by rich_is_bored
  • Like 1

How does one make the _locals from photos they have taken?

From my other thread:

I made them in Photoshop - if you've got an editor that lets you edit RGB channels separately, normal maps aren't very hard to figure out.

Are those wallpapers tileable Bob..?:

They tile seamlessly on the vertical axis, and the seams between the strips are just how that wallpaper was put up.

• Like 2

The resources are definitely spread around a bit all over the place, I'll tell you that twice. When making the female moor skin I was scratching my head for ages trying to find the female hand texture to use as reference. Turns out it was in the guard pk4, even though there are no female guards in TDM as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

@Springheel, this latest pack is definitly your domain. Ive not see these Ai skins before so dod you want to add them yourself....?

Sure, I'll handle them.

old noblewoman based on Dame Judi Dench.

That would be something I've wanted for a while but just never got to...is there a wrinkled normalmap to go with it?

Btw, what is that nearly black texture?

That would be something I've wanted for a while but just never got to...is there a wrinkled normalmap to go with it?

Btw, what is that nearly black texture?

There is now!

The black texture is hair for the moor lady.

• Like 1

Wow these are great Bob Necro! Thanks for all your hard work!

A bit unnecessarily complicated for the desired effect, then. Shame, might as well do color variations the old fashioned way.

Took a break from sorting through the Croatia stuff to donate some old stuff from my vault.

http://goo.gl/photos/WFLJJ7dye6EoQzVL9

Enjoy! Or don't, whichever pleases the ladies and gentlemen.

Done #14335

These are good! I would lower the brightness for the stone/tombstone textures by about 30-40%, making for darker tones and more intensive colours. The trick to classic Thief textures is that they unlike other stealth games, they were actually quite colourful and saturated. That's why Thief 3 and Thief 4 look "off" - they try to go for that bluish look that makes everything look the same.

Also, these seem to be off size (we must have them in 1024x1024 or 512x512). Or are they just raw images?

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• I would lower the brightness for the stone/tombstone textures by about 30-40%, making for darker tones and more intensive colours.

Also, these seem to be off size (we must have them in 1024x1024 or 512x512). Or are they just raw images?

• I can do that before adding, unless you want to do that Bob.

+1, gonna need them in even sizes.