• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36575 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:36 PM

I've got the statue loaded in Lightwave.  Looks great, although 18000 tris is really too high for a single game model.  Even half that much is pushing it.

#27 janexx

janexx

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:25 AM

Cool. Ok, so I try to reduce Polys again. And what is with the size of the model?

#28 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18904 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:33 AM

@Jane, if you open the model in DR and compare its size to our other models should give you a sense of scale. Where is the models supposed to be used, inside or out..? and if inside on a desk or on a plynth etc.

#29 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 36575 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:38 AM

I didn't get a chance to check the size last night...will do a comparison when I get home.

#30 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 36575 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:20 PM

The size is extremely small right now.  It fits under the boot of a typical guard.

Attached Files

• janexx likes this

#31 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:35 PM

In blender, you need to set the grid to 8 units, this will tell you what one doom unit looks like. By knowing a doomunit equals about an inch in the game world, you can scale the model to fit the game from there.
  • janexx likes this

#32 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1429 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

You can decimate it a bit, or retopo dense areas, but a lot can be achieved also by making a duplicate of your model but really make it low poly. If you fit it slightly inside your original mesh, this is now your shadowmesh. In game, we can set the original to be non-shadow casting, so the engine will use the hidden shadowmesh instead to calculate dynamic lighting. This helps tremendously. It will be awesome to see your model ingame!
  • janexx likes this

#33 janexx

janexx

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

I just wanted to ask, how it goes further with the statue? Can it be used know for missions? Have you got the file @Springheel?

#34 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 36575 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

The latest version I have looks pretty good, but it's missing a shadowmesh, and it has some missing polys in the face.  I can fix those things if it comes to it, but I have my hands full at the moment.

I also don't have a marble normalmap for the fabric, just the fabric version.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, modeling, artist, 3d, statue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users