Update to remove/hide:
List of updates thus far, to removed and then hidden so they don't get installed again -
- KB3035583 - Windows 10 notification(gwx.exe) icon that sits in your tray.
Found out about some more updates related to Win10 related crap being installed on your PC -
- KB 2952664 - Labeled a compatibility upgrade for upgrading Windows 7, its purpose is to "make improvements to the current operating system in order to ease the upgrade experience to the latest version of Windows".
- KB 2976978 - A compatibility update for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 which "performs diagnostics on the Windows system [..] to determine whether compatibility issues may be encountered when the latest Windows operating system is installed.
- KB 2990214 . Does the same as KB 3044374 but on Windows 7.
- KB 3021917 - Does the same as KB 2976978 but on Windows 7.
- KB 3044374 - This update for Windows 8.1 enables systems to upgrade from the current operating system to a later version of Windows.
- Just got made aware of this, I didn't have any of these updates installed, and I have blocked the relevent IPs in the hosts file and on my router - link
- I also suggest removing and hiding the following update - link
- Looks like to either public pressure and/or bad press M$ are now saying the forced Win10 update for Win7/8 users was in fact a mistake - link
- HowTo disable telemetry in Win7/8 - http://winaero.com/b...-windows-8-too/, so you should disable the following updates -