Because there is no DR build for Mac os, at the moment (windows and linux users are in luck).
I also did this succesfully for TDM. (tdm forumpost, post at Playonlinux).
I hope some (Linux/Mac os) users who would like to help me, configure a wine-environment to run DR on it.
The part of the script that create the wine-environment works fine and DR runs (after setting the project paths).
DR crashes at some points (like drawing a block, load textures, etc) but the console works!
For the experienced users:
This pol/pom script creates a wine 1.7.16 wine environment, install's vc++2013 and set the renderer to opengl.
After this, pol/pom download and runs manualy the DR installer and creates a shortcut.
To run the installation script and test DR, follow the steps:
- install playonmac/playonlinux
- copy the script from the spoiler in a text file and save it. Or download the attachment
- start playonlinux / playonmac
- select tools > run a local script > select the script and accept all warnings.
(in one of the windows, you will find a debug-button in the left down corner)
- The installer ask you how you would like to install dr, select online
- POL creates the wine environment and create a shortcut for DR.
- copy your darkmod folder to the created /drive_c/games/
- Start DR using the shortcut or trough the wine taskmanager
post edit -
added new version of the polscript and debug info.
Edited by freyk, 18 September 2015 - 06:52 AM.