• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:13 AM

I can't seem to capture Dark Mod on dxtory or fraps past 19 frames per second, anyone have any idea what's wrong?
It was working just fine a week ago, not entirely sure what's the culprit.

Fixed: Fraps works fine, once you make sure your file destination is set properly.

Edited by V-Man339, 13 October 2015 - 03:48 AM.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#2 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:33 AM

I can't seem to capture Dark Mod on dxtory or fraps past 19 frames per second, anyone have any idea what's wrong?
It was working just fine a week ago, not entirely sure what's the culprit.

Weird, this never happened to me. I record Hitman: Absolution, Death to Spies and The Dark Mod just fine. BTW, I've seen your playthroughs of MoT a bit. The blur issue is very common when playing the game on Windows 7 computers. To fix it, just turn off Depth of Field.

• V-Man339 likes this
"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

#3 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:12 AM

Seems that fraps works just fine. I'm still running into a familiar problem with it on Dark Mod though; after long enough in a map it seems to effectively drop to single digits in FPS until I stop recording.

Weird, this never happened to me. I record Hitman: Absolution, Death to Spies and The Dark Mod just fine. BTW, I've seen your playthroughs of MoT a bit. The blur issue is very common when playing the game on Windows 7 computers. To fix it, just turn off Depth of Field.

I'll try that, though halfway into a series I feel like it would be a tad inconsistent to change such a major feature.

Thanks for the notice and advice though, it'll be going into the saboteur run.

Edit: It seems fraps plays nice once I set it to a different file placement.

Edited by V-Man339, 13 October 2015 - 03:48 AM.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#4 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:54 AM

Seems that fraps works just fine. I'm still running into a familiar problem with it on Dark Mod though; after long enough in a map it seems to effectively drop to single digits in FPS until I stop recording.

I'll try that, though halfway into a series I feel like it would be a tad inconsistent to change such a major feature.

Thanks for the notice and advice though, it'll be going into the saboteur run.

Edit: It seems fraps plays nice once I set it to a different file placement.

I know this because I have a couple of Windows 7 computers with this problem. Also, hope Fraps works out well for you.

• V-Man339 likes this
"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recording, video, fraps, dxtory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users