• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

POPULAR

Hi, I am new at this forum. I am a 3D Artist and I really love the Thief games and I would like to support this site with 3D models and animations. Currently I am using 3ds Max, Maya and Photoshop but I have a few more programms like Mudbox, ZBrush etc.

You can find a few examples (which I created at least one year ago and not medieval but it's just that you get a little impression on my modelling skills ^_^  ) on my DeviantArt page here.

My strength is hardsurface modelling but I am also modelling characters (they just take much longer :blush: ).

I wanted to create a few assets to start with. I already took a look at the list but since it seems not to be up today feel free to send me a list of items etc. which you would like to have.

Nice greetings ;)

• STiFU, nbohr1more, RPGista and 5 others like this

#2 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5086 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:52 AM

Just personally speaking, what I'd love to see is more modeled architectural modules (walls and fixtures), ideally a set of features you could link together or put on top of brushes to make a scene ... like different kinds of building facades, hallways, rooms, pillars, arches, doorways, stairs, paths, roads, trees, rock outcroppings, sewers, etc.
Posted Image

#3 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:10 AM

That sounds good.

Over christmas I don't have to work for two weeks so I should be able to create a few assets during that time. I will upload some pics of them as soon as I can.

I think I will start with builings and facades.

In which dimensions would you like to have the objects? (cm,m ... or doesn't matter)

• Anderson likes this

#4 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11493 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

Welcome and thank you!

#5 VanishedOne

VanishedOne

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

On dimensions, have a look at these:

http://wiki.thedarkm...n_of_Game_Units

http://wiki.thedarkm...Min,_Stats,_etc

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

#6 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

thx for the links :)

• Anderson likes this

#7 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

If you're not too busy with Dark Mod-related work, I've been trying to find an artist to help me with various uniform textures. It's for a mod I'm working on, the next version of which I'm planning to release very soon.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

#8 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:06 AM

If you're not too busy with Dark Mod-related work, I've been trying to find an artist to help me with various uniform textures. It's for a mod I'm working on, the next version of which I'm planning to release very soon.

Sure what kind of textures do you need? Until Christmas I will only create concept art for the assets so I still got time to do other stuff ;)

Edited by senka, 15 December 2015 - 11:26 AM.

• Anderson likes this

#9 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

There's actually quite a lot of textures I want to get done, but for starters, there's this:

https://www.dropbox....iforms.rar?dl=0

Look at the two JPEG images, paying attention to the left patch on each image. That's the image I want drawn onto the textures. Replace the pink sign on the sleeve with what's on the JPEGs. For sol00.dds and sol10.dds, draw what's on the left in L006272full.jpg, and for sol20.dds, draw what's on the left in L008770full.jpg. You don't have to create NormalMaps for the textures. I hope I have stated these instructions clearly. Thank you!

#10 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17823 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:04 PM

Sure what kind of textures do you need? Until Christmas I will only create concept art for the assets so I still got time to do other stuff ;)

@Senka, before you get stuck into helping other with thier projects, I would suggest you have a look at and get a feel for the stock resources of the mod. Then once you have a feel make some suggestion and either Springheel or one of the other team members will provide some feedback and suggestions.

#11 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 35803 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

POPULAR

You know, there's no rules that say you can't jump on top of new contributors volunteering to work on TDM and try to shepherd them into working on your own personal project instead, but be aware that most people will consider it kind of a dick move.

• STiFU, Melan, SeriousToni and 3 others like this
Posted Image

#12 Cambridge Spy

Cambridge Spy

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:18 PM

You know, there's no rules that say you can't jump on top of new contributors volunteering to work on TDM and try to shepherd them into working on your own personal project instead, but be aware that most people will consider it kind of a dick move.

Okay, in the future, I'll contact them by PM.

#13 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

@Senka, before you get stuck into helping other with thier projects, I would suggest you have a look at and get a feel for the stock resources of the mod. Then once you have a feel make some suggestion and either Springheel or one of the other team members will provide some feedback and suggestions.

I actually plan on concentrating on the resorces of the mod but my computer isn't working well at the moment (will be fixed during my freetime at christmas so I only have my labtop at the moment - enough to create concept art and textures but my modeling software is on my pc -.-'). Once my pc is working again I will create the assets.  ^_^  And with the concept art already completed it won't take that long :)

• Anderson likes this

#14 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17823 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

Whats the issue with your PC, I maybe able to help remotely via Teamviewer.

#15 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

Whats the issue with your PC, I maybe able to help remotely via Teamviewer.

I think my user profile is broken or sth. . My guest-profile on my pc is still working only if I log into my administrator-profile my pc is freezing (but i can still move the mouse - I am just not able to do anything like opening sth or pressing sth. as soon as I press something my pc is loading with no end -.-)

• Anderson likes this

#16 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17823 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:48 PM

What you mean by ' sth '..? and it sound like the PC needs Windows reinstalling, do you have a mate/friend who can do this for you..?

#17 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7288 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:56 PM

sth = internet slang for "something"

:)

It's alright, I was more irked when folks started using MFW (my face when) all the time...

(As if that was a common colloquialism, rather than something that chan-ers were kicking around their forums as an in-joke.)

> MFW a kitten dies every time someone posts MFW as part of their commentary: :angry:

• Bikerdude likes this
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#18 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

What you mean by ' sth '..? and it sound like the PC needs Windows reinstalling, do you have a mate/friend who can do this for you..?

sth= something (like nbohr1more said) :).

It doesn't matter what I do, as soon as I press something (mouse or keyboard) my computer doesn't stop loading and I can't do anything anymore. I have a friend who has a CD for reinstalling Windows I will visit him over christmas :).

#19 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

Here is a first rough scetch which I have just finished. Sorry for the bad quality, the light in my room isn't that good:

scetch_of_connection_between_two_buildin

• Bikerdude likes this

#20 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 35803 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:40 PM

So we can just assume you're continuing to be a dick, just in secret now?

Not the choice I would have gone with, but it's your reputation....
  • STiFU, Melan, SeriousToni and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#21 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17823 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

Here is a first rough scetch which I have just finished. Sorry for the bad quality, the light in my room isn't that good:

Reminds me of the 2nd mission in Thief 2, the mansion at the start.

#22 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

Reminds me of the 2nd mission in Thief 2, the mansion at the start.

That's good :),but I don't think it was the second mission in Thief 2 because that was at the dock/ where you had to collect the money to pay the rent for the place where Garrett lives. (Or maybe the order is different because I got the german version of the game)

#23 STiFU

STiFU

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3110 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

It's nice to have you on board, senka.

Made my day! :D

I've been wondering a long time, do you also occasionally work on your mod yourself?
  • Melan, Deadlove and Ymir like this

#24 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:58 PM

It's nice to have you on board, senka.

Made my day! :D

I've been wondering a long time, do you also occasionally work on your mod yourself?

I would like to make one myself but I don't have any idea of programming :/. That's why I am offering my modeling skills for others :)

#25 senka

senka

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

Here is a nother quick drawing of a building quess this time it's a bit too bright (used the flashlight of my camera):

building_over_a_river_scetch_by_jennifer

Edited by senka, 15 December 2015 - 05:38 PM.

• Bikerdude likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3d artist, modelling, animation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users