The Dark Mod Forums

Crucible of Omens: Behind Closed Doors - by Bikerdude & the Crucible Team (updated 18/12/2015)

Bikerdude

I'm gotta do the 4th o' July thing tonight but I'll try to get the mirrors updated tomorrow.

One thing I'm conflicted on is the narrator voice.

I could add the no_efx flag to the sound shader def so that it does not reverb but sometimes it's pretty damned cool

to hear that narrator with reverb... Now I want a cvar to toggle this choice... LOL.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 1 month later...

I know I'm late to the party, lol, but finally got a chance to play this. First off, Congratulations to Bikerdude and the creators of this awesome mission. :) I've heard about it for a long time and finally, finally got to enjoy it.

This was huge, but loved searching out all the pathways - high and low. The readables were good for clues as well as entertaining. Don't think it was possible (because I looked everywhere) to get to the other side of the map (passed Shingle Plaza), am I wrong?

I really only had a few issues. Plates in a box, jewels in drawer, etc. didn't want to frob the first time. Had to close and reopen and then they did. I was trying to do the objective regarding following Lazanova. The first time she came in the room, I was caught off guard so I reloaded a previous save. And then I waited and waited and waited. I went searching upstairs and after searching the other rooms, I found her in the library just spinning. I think, she was caught on a book on the floor? just inside the door. I couldn't get her key so I had to knock her out. I also had difficulty getting the book to highlight on the shelf for the secret spot. I knew there had to be something to open as I saw the slide marks on the floor but took a long time.

All in all, it was well worth the wait. Looking forward to the rest of them. Thanks for everyone's hard work :)

• Like 1

Don't think it was possible to get to the other side of the map (passed Shingle Plaza), am I wrong?

Frob and path finding issues.

Correct, the other side of that map is is mission 1: Restless, but as the campaign is no longer being worked on there is no guarantee it will get releases as it is. Melan has adopted the mission and may end up changing or removing parts of the map to suit the original story that cam with this map before it was added to the campaign.

If... I ever do a bug fix fun of this map I will address those issues.

• Like 2

i went in to play this again today. I have to say, the super sensitive AI visual and hearing acuity ruins the level. Crouched,

creeping; by the guard at the ladder in the end of the canal (opp warehouse), was alerted repeatedly by a step crouched,

and I found the same thing throughout the AI in the level. In the end, it just spoiled it. I've played this before, and it's an awesome

level, but I'm guessing the AI have been tweaked, because now I just find it frustrating rather than enjoyable.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

• 4 months later...

Yeah, AI are super sensitive in this FM, I think. Or I shouldn't have started it on difficult, who knows? Either way, I finished with 1100 damage dealt, a couple of corpses and a superb stealth score of 295! xD Very beautiful mission with a lot of verticality. Funny thing is, I got pretty good performance almost everywhere, but then in some places, where you'd least expect it (like a small room), fps drops! Still a great mission, though.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Is this a 2.08-related issue in this FM?

The-Dark-Modx64-2020-07-04-21-10-59-284.

They even can't be deleted......

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:33 PM, STiFU said:

Yeah, AI are super sensitive in this FM, I think. Or I shouldn't have started it on difficult, who knows? Either way, I finished with 1100 damage dealt, a couple of corpses and a superb stealth score of 295! xD Very beautiful mission with a lot of verticality. Funny thing is, I got pretty good performance almost everywhere, but then in some places, where you'd least expect it (like a small room), fps drops! Still a great mission, though.

Me, an incrediBAD :ph34r:25!

With TDM 2.08 it's really a graphically stunning mission, but it's SO convoluted! (and when someone like me says convoluted, it's *REALLY* convoluted 😛 )

AI is indeed super-sensitive, how can that guy see me from there? 'cause he CAN see me and become alerted.

0.jpg

Or the builder located beyond St. Allin that can see me literally through (?!) walls when I'm in the apartment between the Mill Tavern and the Hoarders!

Question: this low-poly house with low-poly barrels and low-fi textures is some kind of intended joke/tribute/easter egg? 😐

1.jpg

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Ah, a really minor textures/normals issue (maybe 2.08 related):

bcd-2020-07-07-17-08-18.jpg

Edited by lowenz

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...