New Footstep sounds

82 replies to this topic

#76 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

A friend of mine recorded some snow footsteps last new year's, might fit with the new ones you made here. 

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

That, and it would also be a sufficiently good idea to see what could be done with the stock wood door close/open sound. To me the Thief sounds again were much better. Especially in Thief DS. They had that small screeching. Not too much and just enough to be atmospheric. The door has to feel as a more massive thing and not just some generic household accessory. It doesn't have currently the oomph for being part a good sound system in TDM as a whole, adds to the weakness.

Edited by Anderson, 27 June 2017 - 03:12 PM.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#77 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

Reworking the object assets apart from he AI would be a completely new topic to face. If I find the time for doing so, I will open up a new thread with the results, but currently I cannot say anything about that :(

• Anderson likes this
"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#78 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

We need one of your footstep sounds of a thief walking on ceramic (clay) roof tiles. It makes a very distinctive sound that is missing. 

• Anderson likes this

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedar...2017-update-16/

#79 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

Also, if I was a thief, I would go out thieving wearing soft shoes, not those with hard soles. lol

• Bikerdude likes this

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedar...2017-update-16/

#80 CarltonTroisi

CarltonTroisi

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Also, if I was a thief, I would go out thieving wearing soft shoes, not those with hard soles. lol

I've done my best thieving with hard rubber soles...

#81 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

Thieves don't go on the job out of good life mayhaps.

Edited by Anderson, 03 August 2017 - 02:22 PM.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#82 CarltonTroisi

CarltonTroisi

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Soft sole, or hard soul..?  Therein lies the question...

Edited by CarltonTroisi, 04 August 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#83 Paralytik

Paralytik

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

I just wanted to say that you're free to do as you please with the snow footstep clips, if they can be used.

• Anderson likes this

"My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard. Verily 'tis better than thine, I would teach thee, but I must levy a fee."

"When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York I told him that man is like the coral insect—designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moon to delight in after he is dead."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users