Photo

Windows 10: Why you should NOT upgrade...

• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#326 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:14 AM

Holy crap batman! https://betanews.com...-clean-install/

That is a BIIIIIG list!

Yeah, that is a bing list. ;)

They even got Candy Crush Saga. Always assumed it to be one of that ultra-casual mobile-only games...

#327 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:05 AM

The main reason for me to always turn off the internet while installing Win10 (I had to reinstall a couple of times due to a corrupted harddrive) and making an offline account. I am pretty sure most of the sites are still connected to, as soon as Windows has a connection, but I can at least pretend, they are not. And I never had any problems with suggestions in my starting menu or similar stuff, so it appears that it has some effect.

#328 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:37 AM

On a positive note, it turns out just installing Bitdefender on top of the desktop PC makes Windows Defender happy because Bitdefender assumes all control.

I just wonder if Avira anti-virus is really such a cancer that can't get cleaned up, not just by uninstalling it but also by using their removal tool. Never had problems with Windows Defender/Mirosoft Security Essentials before.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users