The Dark Mod Forums

The hardest level of any stealth game you've ever played

V-Man339

Awkward excuse to shill a video I made, but what the hell, I spent almost 4 hours over the course of 3 days on this while recovering from having my wisdom teeth removed, so I feel as though it's warranted.

Aside from this I'd say Hitman 2's entire assassination string in Japan on the castle, including the lead up to it.

Death to Spies 1 had "Die, spies!" but even it wasn't as difficult as this was.

What about you?

What do you consider the greatest challenge a stealth game has ever leveled at you?

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

You really should post these videos on the Haggard Games forum, I'm sure they'd have the time to look at your Saboteur walkthroughs. Nice playthrough, BTW, I never thought it'd be possible to complete King's Riddle without killing all those people on the docks.

As for me, the greatest stealth game challenge has to be the Bathhouse mission from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, specifically the end of the mission with the firefight and bomb diffusal segments. The firefight guarantees it near impossible to get 100% on this mission.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

The harder levels of Project IGI come to mind, mostly I think because if you fail you have to re-do the whole level from the start.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I guess I'm not as much the stealth maniac as a lot of you, but "Strange Bedfellows" on Expert was a super pain in the ass. I lost a lot of health in the beginning and it made the trek underground damn near impossible. "Maw Of Chaos" is also a difficult stroll.

What kind of stealth system does Hitman use? Is it visual like Dishonored and Deus Ex or are there sound cues like footsteps and talking like in Thief?

Aside from this I'd say Hitman 2's entire assassination string in Japan on the castle, including the lead up to it.

Don't remind me about the Japan missions, that whole ordeal was so groanworthy it made me quit Hitman 2 and never finish it. Shame since I thought the first game was top-notch.

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

What kind of stealth system does Hitman use? Is it visual like Dishonored and Deus Ex or are there sound cues like footsteps and talking like in Thief?

Enemies will hear sound, just like Death to Spies here, but it's more based around the use of disguises.

Running too much or holding the wrong weaponry or being found by the wrong persons in the wrong clothes in the wrong place will completely botch things, for instance.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

The harder levels of Project IGI come to mind, mostly I think because if you fail you have to re-do the whole level from the start.

That's what I hated most at this game (besides its name "Project I'm going in" wtf) ^_^

Still bought it on gog.com :blush:

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

The thing that annoyed me back in the time I've played I.G.I. was that it was terrible unstable. It crashed every second time, causing me to restart the level. THAT was annoying. :( The game itself was not bad, though.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter