• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

Same Intel HD 530 with Vulkan inTalos Principle Benchmark: High/Ultra customized preset - 1280x720 @ 23 FPS

Edited by lowenz, 07 January 2017 - 12:59 PM.

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#27 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:48 AM

Looks like CroTeam is very serious about Vulkan.

#28 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

From the point of view of game developer or publisher, it doesn't matter whether the consumer plays the games (s)he bought or not :).

That is not true game developers, at lest the ones that care about quality of their games, want to know if people play their game or not, some even want to know if they played to the end and if not, on what part did they stop playing, that is why steam statistics is very important for them.  

About Vulkan, Croteam has all the interest in this API success they are now part of the khronos group after all, but unfortunately i'm one of the people unable to play Talos with it, at lest now, because i could on the first updates, i get a error "DVI-D out of scale" and the screen enters sleep mode and gets black, fortunately they implemented a automatic rollback to D3D11, so i don't need to restart my system or anything after some seconds it recovers.   

Edited by HMart, 09 February 2017 - 01:08 PM.

#29 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

That is not true game developers, at lest the ones that care about quality of their games, want to know if people play their game or not, some even want to know if they played to the end and if not, on what part did they stop playing, that is why steam statistics is very important for them.  

About Vulkan, Croteam has all the interest in this API success they are now part of the khronos group after all, but unfortunately i'm one of the people unable to play Talos with it, at lest now, because i could on the first updates, i get a error "DVI-D out of scale" and the screen enters sleep mode and gets black, fortunately they implemented a automatic rollback to D3D11, so i don't need to restart my system or anything after some seconds it recovers.   

Try a lower resolution!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#30 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, did that and it worked but anything below my native 1920x1080 60hz resolution looks blurred as hell, totally unplayable to me, and if D3D11 works with my native resolution Vulkan should also and it did in the past. :S 

#31 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:05 AM

It's a driver problem.

Do you have an AMD GPU?

It's problem with the refresh rate.

Edited by lowenz, 10 February 2017 - 08:05 AM.

#32 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:06 AM

You can use an external tool to force 60 Hz. It works :P

I changed my good old Radeon HD 7850 'cause of this problem with Vulkan and Talos (after speaking with Talos devs) :P

Edited by lowenz, 10 February 2017 - 08:07 AM.

#33 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the help and what tool is that?   Yes i have a AMD GPU but i will not change it works just fine, only Talos gives me that error (it didn't before so is indeed a driver or Croteam problem) Doom for example runs very well on Vulkan here.   :smile:

Edited by HMart, 10 February 2017 - 06:22 PM.

#34 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

Of course you don't want to change the GPU 'cause things like that, but mine was getting a bit old (2012) :P

Try this: http://www.softpedia...freshLock.shtml

Edited by lowenz, 10 February 2017 - 06:55 PM.

#35 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

I comprehend, mine is a R9 280 so is relatively new, thanks for the link. :)

#36 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:22 AM

Other possible solution: use the borderless fullscreen mode!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users