Pete's mapping progress

63 replies to this topic

#26 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:31 PM

The issue here (atleast from my perspective under FF and chrome) is every reply to this thread is going into once giant post -

- http://forums.thedar...e-2#entry387268

Capture0.JPG

Capture.JPG

#27 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:43 PM

Shall I just make my own site and keep my notes there..? Would that be easier?

You know - just go sit in the corner and get on with it on me tod?

#28 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7518 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:44 PM

Testing:

The issue here (atleast from my perspective under FF and chrome) is every reply to this thread is going into once giant post -

- http://forums.thedar...e-2#entry387268

attachicon.gifCapture0.JPG

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I hit the remove-formatting button on this reply, perhaps this will fix the problem...

Edit: It looks better now :)

• Bikerdude likes this
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#29 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

Also, the forum has changed and the format of this thread is one massive reply, same as bikerdude's screenshots - it's def. different to it was before - Idk why it's doing this - I haven't changed anything and I most certainly haven't been sniffing around inside your site or anything of the sort - I merely come here to read, keep up with news and to [attempt to] organise notes and a "to-do" list / solutions needed / resources for myself thread.

---
Ah - that's better - it looks like different posts now - none of this "in-line" replies like on Reddit.

Edited by teh_saccade, 18 July 2016 - 12:46 PM.

• Bikerdude and AluminumHaste like this

#30 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:41 PM

Nice one nbohr, can TS appy that to his other posts in the giant post thread..? Just tried myself (hitting the erase format button) and it may no difference

#31 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5157 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

Edit: I replied from the last page about the borked forum formatting problem (not seeing this page and all the replies today), but it seems it's been fixed on this page, so I won't worry about it. Game on.

• teh_saccade likes this
Posted Image

#32 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

These are very good drawings, if you can translate some of this skill into your map building we will have a little gem on our hands.

#33 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:53 AM

That is the plan.

These are smoke break sketches - so they are just rough impressions to work from later.

Edited by teh_saccade, 28 July 2016 - 05:22 PM.

#34 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:29 AM

I haven't seen any of your map building yet I dont think.

#35 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

notes moved to somewhere else - freyk - if u need more help w/installer, pls PM as I will get email and log back into forum.

boo hoo someone dropped my 5 star rating to 3 stars this morning straight after viewing my profile - I was updating my bookmarks and saw it happen: Today 31/07/16, 08:58 AM

Thanks, but you don't affect me in the slightest - nice passive aggression though... 5/5 for that.

---

Edited by teh_saccade, 31 July 2016 - 08:48 PM.

#36 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13731 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

Great sketches!

• teh_saccade likes this

#37 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

The last post in this thread - I'm keeping my notes to myself after the reaction towards me in trying to help - if I need to ask a question and consider it's not "above paygrade" of the developers of TDM - then I'll confine to newbie.

#38 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13731 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

I dunno man.  Sorry you've had a bad experience, but it all seems quite blown out of proportion and taken too personally.  Best of luck, and you're always welcome back here.

• Destined likes this

#39 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

if I need to ask a question and consider it's not "above paygrade" of the developers of TDM

Who said it's "above paygrade" for them?

The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#40 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

This was a quote from the "Weird Issue in TDM 2.03/2.04" thread, where teh_saccade complained about insufficient help regarding a script question he had. Specifically, it was about looping a script for a searchlight he wanted to implement into a mission.

Edited by Destined, 01 August 2016 - 10:56 AM.

#41 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13731 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:58 AM

I did, but I meant it in the sense that there is 'no pay' at all.  The team is very, very small and we simply don't have the resources here to have people acquire expertise in every aspect.  We're all doing our day jobs outside of the mod, and even the devs of TDM are not experts when it comes to Doom 3 script.  I personally don't have a sweet clue how to write a single line of D3 Script. 

There are plenty of areas where we could use more help, but we don't have the people to push through it.

Nobody here would be happy thinking your experience on the forums was unpleasant.  The long and short of it, everyone does their best to help.  If we fail, sorry.

• Bikerdude, AluminumHaste and Goldwell like this

#42 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

Well you had one person willing to help "push it through" right here.

#43 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

I did, but I meant it in the sense that there is 'no pay' at all.  The team is very, very small and we simply don't have the resources here to have people acquire expertise in every aspect.  We're all doing our day jobs outside of the mod, and even the devs of TDM are not experts when it comes to Doom 3 script.  I personally don't have a sweet clue how to write a single line of D3 Script. 

There are plenty of areas where we could use more help, but we don't have the people to push through it.

Nobody here would be happy thinking your experience on the forums was unpleasant.  The long and short of it, everyone does their best to help.  If we fail, sorry.

Ah ok, I was trying not to stick my nose into a situation that didn't involve me but my curiosity as to what happened was strong and even after following the thread I was rather confused with what was going on here so the clarification is appreciated, thanks! :)

The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#44 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

I'm not happy that - within 12 hours of signing up at IDTech forums - and saying "hello" - I've been given -5 karma points. Probably shouldn't have posted the link saying I'd go there looking for help.

If you've got a problem with me - say it to me - not through clicking buttons that give me negative points or otherwise harm my reputation - is that clear?

My rating has dropped from 5 stars to 2 stars overnight here because of all this malarky that is not related to game in any way whatsoever.
Even Bikerdude saying he'd put it back up to 4 and, when it all got cleared up would put it back to 5 - made no difference.

FFS what is this - primary school..?

I'm not being paid either.

-----

I've figured the looping issue w/scripts.
All it took was not using this forum or its wiki to look for answers, so... there we go.

Please delete my account and content - Freyk's got what he needed - I'm out.

New forum mods and this malarky about people poking into my personal life have ruined this endeavour for me.

Edited by teh_saccade, 01 August 2016 - 03:31 PM.

#45 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:34 PM

@TS, I have replied to your PM fella.

#46 Shadowhide

Shadowhide

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

My rating has dropped from 5 stars to 2 stars overnight here because of all this malarky that is not related to game in any way whatsoever.

I carry 2 stars for years

• AluminumHaste likes this
Proceed with caution!

#47 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

Yup and for much the same reason.

Nice to see you still around though. How are things btw? What have you been up to?

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#48 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

I'm not happy that - within 12 hours of signing up at IDTech forums - and saying "hello" - I've been given -5 karma points. Probably shouldn't have posted the link saying I'd go there looking for help.

If you've got a problem with me - say it to me - not through clicking buttons that give me negative points or otherwise harm my reputation - is that clear?

Even Bikerdude saying he'd put it back up to 4 and, when it all got cleared up would put it back to 5 - made no difference.

FFS what is this - primary school..?

I'm just going to use one of your own posts to respond to....whatever this is.

notes moved to somewhere else - freyk - if u need more help w/installer, pls PM as I will get email and log back into forum.

boo hoo someone dropped my 5 star rating to 3 stars this morning straight after viewing my profile - I was updating my bookmarks and saw it happen: Today 31/07/16, 08:58 AM

Thanks, but you don't affect me in the slightest - nice passive aggression though... 5/5 for that.

---

attachicon.gifwolf.jpg

So it went from "not affecting you in the slightest" to "I'm out" in 3 days.

I really hope you calm down and level out, and keep cranking on with the Mod.

Who cares what others think about you anyways?

Still, it's a shame to see you go over something so small as a few stars.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#49 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

Now 3 :-)

#50 Shadowhide

Shadowhide

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

Yup and for much the same reason.

Nice to see you still around though. How are things btw? What have you been up to?

Glad to see you too,things are quite tough but i keep on pushing.My intentions were always good and i've been and still into that IRL stuff,unfortunately nothing Thief/TDM related atm

Now 3 :-)

Thanks mate :>)

• AluminumHaste and nbohr1more like this
Proceed with caution!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users