63 replies to this topic

#51 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

I'm not happy that - within 12 hours of signing up at IDTech forums - and saying "hello" - I've been given -5 karma points. Probably shouldn't have posted the link saying I'd go there looking for help.

If you've got a problem with me - say it to me - not through clicking buttons that give me negative points or otherwise harm my reputation - is that clear?

My rating has dropped from 5 stars to 2 stars overnight here because of all this malarky that is not related to game in any way whatsoever.
Even Bikerdude saying he'd put it back up to 4 and, when it all got cleared up would put it back to 5 - made no difference.

FFS what is this - primary school..?

I'm not being paid either.

-----

I've figured the looping issue w/scripts.
All it took was not using this forum or its wiki to look for answers, so... there we go.

Please delete my account and content - Freyk's got what he needed - I'm out.

New forum mods and this malarky about people poking into my personal life have ruined this endeavour for me.

Its sad to see you go as I was following your ideas and sketches and they looked very promising. I hope you change your mind and don't let some bad eggs ruin it.

Online communities can have toxic members and cliques and this community is no exception however I find the toxic people here to be quite minimal. 95% of the people on here are nice, helpful and willing to lend a hand where they can. Usually if you don't see a response its because either someone doesn't know or they're currently absent from the forum as I've noticed people tend to come and go.

I'm sorry that you had such a negative experience here and wish you the best!

• Moonbo, Epifire and Destined like this

The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#52 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36020 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:46 AM

I was a moderator of this forum for 10 years and I don't even know what "stars" are....
Posted Image

#53 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

I was a moderator of this forum for 10 years and I don't even know what "stars" are....

What teh_seccade is referring to is the stars on profile pages. I don't know what they do nor how they are rated but I noticed them on my page shortly after I made my account. I assume it's for rating a forum member but pretty much no one uses it because hardly anyone knows it exists, or cares for that matter.

Here are your stars for example:

2zULd2i.png

The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#54 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPip
  • 1991 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

I am really sad - I don't have any at all :D

#55 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5596 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

What are you talking about jim? I see 5....

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#56 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPip
  • 1991 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

So do I now - so who changed it

#57 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5596 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

I just voted 5 stars cause you're awesome. But this isn't the appropriate place to have this conversation.

• Bikerdude likes this

#58 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

Please do not search me online and then comment on unlisted/private videos from an account that has been inactive for 4-5 years.

IIRC - the reason I was a bit miffed with this forum was because of all the poking into my personal life - to find that someone has been searching me on google and then somehow commenting on unlisted videos...

I'm asking nicely - please respect boundaries and my privacy - that channel is now locked.

Edited by teh_saccade, 14 August 2016 - 12:59 PM.

#59 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5596 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

Yes it was really cool dude, is that exploit patched? I haven't played that game in a while, had a ton of fun playing it. That makes it a lot easier.

But okay, you had posted the video link on Steam forums which is public for everyone to see.

I was curious about you, if that makes you uncomfortable I'm sorry, but that's the nature of the internet. There was no malicious intent behind it, I just stumbled across something cool and posted as much.

#60 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

It is a limitation of the game. It is possible to hack in more zeds.
In KF2, there is a server-side bug whereby you can earn XP for hardest mode on easiest difficulty.

Several years ago, I made the decision to simply not make public any exploits I found as they would often "get patched" (eg, zomboid, every day on my stream), or - if it was "game-breaking", best to approach the devs and submit bug report w/proposed "fix", etc...

I used to make some maps for this and other TW games, under a different name - I was unaware that the channel was still linked to my private steam account.

No longer do anything with TW games (not even server hosting) other than play RO2 occasionally. They still use UE3 for new Vietnam game. Financial decision, I guess.

In the past, teh saccade used to make a lot of "how to/achievement" and "exploit/glitch" videos/streams for games - I thought I had nuked that channel after all the problems started.

Thank you for making me aware that there is still this connection, it is now severed. Steam forums posts can remain, idgaf about that.

#61 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5596 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

That's a good point, the more the exploit spreads the more likely developers will do something about it. But, it's nice to share with people, especially friends.

#62 pariah

pariah

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

saccade maybe u r not here again but plz needing help brat.. i do not understand how it is u made some things  or why it is working like this. idk if motion detector is fake and guy in the room who pushes button when hears u in void tunnel or if it is "motionsense.script" because it make no sense. Both are there but idk why or how it work because it breaks when i take one or the other. looks like mover only. is for ranging and scope? i thought it was on sound no seeing. Force creep h.

Please remeember to stay cool and that i am sorry about what happened in the past and that you are a friend and that it would be cool to work on the level again togeter not only becos idkwtf iam doing)))

isend u pm also.

#63 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

See thread "abandoned works".

• SiyahParsomen and Anderson like this

#64 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

Hello TDM ppl,

I'd like to apologise for my border-line troll / erratic behaviour last year.

There was much bad news for me last year and unfortunately my brain decided to vent it on undeserving communities such as USENET and TDM forums while I was stuck in a padded cell aka the rat-infested dungeon known as "my flat".

Over the coming year, I hope to restore the notations for the techniques, scripts and tricks I've used to create certain optical effects and a few other tricks that I've not seen in any other TDM mission, so that others may make use of them for their own FM's (after a refresher course on DR, since have been stuck on cryengine and UE for several months).

While I've deleted several hundred hour's work completed - the bare-bones are there and I realise that it was not right to hide things away so that other people would not be able to benefit from the solutions that were developed.

It would be very much appreciated if this thread was removed or cut back to the first post [index] so that it would be possible to start again and provide the community with clear and understandable examples (eg, of how to achieve things such as tricksy/mechanical based "motion detectors", "cctv", "soundpipes", "in-game cutscenes" "magic mirrors", "searchlights", etc... and other simple tricks that require minimal scripting but judicious position of secret rooms, skybox projections nodraws and basic AI).

No hard feelings, I hope...

Just... please keep business business and everything will be cushty.

Edited by teh_saccade, 13 March 2017 - 07:12 AM.

• nbohr1more and Destined like this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users