Photo

Fan Mission: The Smiling Cutpurse by Airship Ballet (2016/03/25)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

seems a bit too much of a high class establishment for that.

Y'mean other than the thieves using it as a staging point?  :ph34r:

#27 Araneidae

Araneidae

• PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

Well, the manager didn't see too happy about his guests, they didn't sound like the usual customers.  The rooms are clean, spacious and well appointed (though come to think of it I don't remember *any* bathrooms!)  Apart from the lack of facilities (yeah, where's the kitchen and dining room, where do the staff live?) it just looks like a wealthy high class establishment.

While I'm being nit-picky about geography ... how does the manager get into his office?  Not by

Spoiler
surely!

Edited by Araneidae, 27 March 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#28 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:56 AM

Well exactly, it's just a fairly dingy place to crash  ^_^

#29 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12727 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

Finished.

Nice work!

Thanks!

#30 Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

Cool.

Thanks!

Not a problem!

#31 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:20 AM

Also, what's with the sliding door opening sound after picking up the log book? Does something actually open after that?

Spoiler

All in all an solid mission, thank you for giving it to us. I'll try it again later without the bodystacking ;)

One more question, the statistics show two killed people, even though I only used my BJ?

Edited by s.urfer, 27 March 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#32 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the mission, and gratz on the release! I played through it last night, and was able to almost fully ghost it, with the exceptions of

Spoiler

Very nice little mission, especially for only two weeks - modular building seems like a powerful technique indeed. In terms of issues, I only found three pretty minor ones:

Spoiler

Anyway, thanks again, and nice work!

#33 Araneidae

Araneidae

• PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:09 PM

Aosys, by "fully ghost" you mean without tools?  One water arrow each is enough, of course.

#34 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:41 PM

Aosys, by "fully ghost" you mean without tools?  One water arrow each is enough, of course.

I'm probably not following the full rules of ghost (it's not a style I usually play in), but I did try for no-tools, no-alert run, since this FM seems pretty well set up for it. I ended up having to blackjack the two aforementioned characters, since they were in the way of loot/objectives. In hindsight, I probably could have used water arrows or something, but eh, I'll take what I got and roll with it.

[Edit] Actually, I just remembered, I had to blackjack a third guy too.

Spoiler

Edited by Aosys, 27 March 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#35 Araneidae

Araneidae

• PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:17 AM

Actually, I just remembered, I had to blackjack a third guy too.

Spoiler

Yes, just discovered that.  Don't think there's any way to ghost that.  In the end I used a noise arrow, which causes a hell of a commotion.

I feel a bit cheated by that last bit of loot: there's no way I'd come across it without using some form of cheat, unless I was going around blackjacking everybody!

Very enjoyable map.  Airship Ballet, if you're doing fixes, there's also some kind of problem with the ambient sound from the locked room which once unlocked seems to be audible for a very long distance.

Edited by Araneidae, 28 March 2016 - 05:18 AM.

#36 Summer

Summer

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

Congratulations on the release, Airship Ballet.

I really liked this mission. It wasn't as small as I initially assumed. There was one candle in the bar I couldn't douse, and I think in one of the noble rooms there was a black painting, but it didn't bother me, and I noticed no other weirdness of problems.

Spoiler

Overall, a nice mission for a rainy afternoon. Thank you :)

#37 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

Got through blackjacking everyone except...

Spoiler

In total, it was straight forward fun and i would like to play one of these every one or two months (would try to play 'em all even with higher release frequency though *g*).

Maximum satisfactional value may or may not be limited by modular building. But there are way too few "just some regular thieving fun" missions anyway. So pile up the missions please as your work helps keeping calm the little evil criminal inside me ;)

#38 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:43 PM

Yes, just discovered that.  Don't think there's any way to ghost that.  In the end I used a noise arrow, which causes a hell of a commotion.

I feel a bit cheated by that last bit of loot: there's no way I'd come across it without using some form of cheat, unless I was going around blackjacking everybody!

Very enjoyable map.  Airship Ballet, if you're doing fixes, there's also some kind of problem with the ambient sound from the locked room which once unlocked seems to be audible for a very long distance.

I managed to pick it, it's just a stupid specific and difficult frob.

I really think we should have some kind of patch to ensure it's easier to pickpocket sleepers.

Other than that, one of the crosses in the hay in the chest in room 1 is very, very difficult to get at.

I was otherwise able to do the entire level at stealth score 0 with no knockouts, and am happy to say I can lock all doors behind me as well.

As well, the inventor's guild book leftover is inside a chest I can't shut once it's open.

Finally, I think you should be able to shut the trapdoor once you've opened it. If you can, I didn't find it easy.

I'll hold off on the video until you've patched things up, Airship.

Edited by V-Man339, 06 April 2016 - 09:45 PM.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#39 Deadlove

Deadlove

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

Haha!! A locked cabinet with nothing inside of it!! 

I'm playing this level with no light gem, it's heightening the experience.

Not finished yet.

Plastik Musik - Andrew Nathan Kite, Owner

plastikmusik33@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/plastikmusik /

http://www.youtube.com/plastikmusik

http://www.plastikmusik.bandcamp.com

#40 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:29 AM

Well designed but maybe too much claustrophobic :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#41 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:44 PM

Just played this FM today. I didn't realize it was that old... had to look a bit lower in the forum to find the thread. I guess I can still post a few thoughts on it?

Overall very good mission. Pretty small and simple, but high quality still... would have been nice if there were more readables and some extra character interaction. I like that it wasn't overly complicated though, considering that some FM's cause you to get stuck for a long time looking for a way to progress.

I did have one curiosity while playing this: From a realistic standpoint, is it explained why the guards are attacking you in an inn? Inns are kind of public places unlike breaking into a mansion, so at first I kind of expected that I could walk around in plain sight and the guards would treat me like one of the guests. Obviously it makes sense gameplay wise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users