#1 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2187 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:59 AM

POPULAR

Hey there ambience sound fellas :)

I know this is not directly related to The Dark Mod directly, but if you need some inspiration on ambience music or if you want to listen to calm sounds while developing your newest maps I recommend you My Noise which is a free online ambience generator that works really well! And if you donate at least 5 $ you will be granted access to the magic generator which combines all the other generators randomly and creates an even more intense feeling (which is really for it!).

Check it out! :)

• Dragofer, grayman, ERH+ and 3 others like this
"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#2 Dragofer

Dragofer

Modeler

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:08 PM

Nice one, this is a great idea for an app. I've found the dark forest generators especially useful for zoning into the kinds of sounds you come across there. In fact, it goes so far as to let you isolate the individual sounds with sliders.

#3 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

Wow, the Church one is super Thiefy. Very neat stuff, thanks for sharing!

#4 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5137 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:32 PM

I like things in a map's world that give off curious environmental ambient sounds, like in Thief the street lamps and glowing-rocks.

Really adds to the world. We could use a some things like that too.

• VanishedOne likes this
Posted Image

#5 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2187 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:15 AM

I like things in a map's world that give off curious environmental ambient sounds, like in Thief the street lamps and glowing-rocks.

Really adds to the world. We could use a some things like that too.

Indeed - that's what I'm also missing. Yet it is simple to do with Dark Radiant :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#6 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11559 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

Very very cool. Listening to church ambience now.

#7 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18089 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:58 PM

Listening to this thing now, its bloody awesome!

#8 Epifire

Epifire

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:42 AM

This is pretty awesome for something just out of the box. And it looks like they even offer software to easily combine your own sounds to mix and balance if I'm not mistaken? The sounds interlacing in some of these (especially the factory) really remind me of some Thief levels with the Hammers. I'm not one for using other pre-made assets whole sale (because I'm just that stubborn to learn myself). An application to aid in this process sounds a lot better than hassling with the crude layout in Audacity.

I do want to pick up FL Studio when I do make the plunge into sound work. The dream is to make games for a living and do sounds work as my hobby, but that'll have to wait a while longer. This may certainly help a lot in the meanwhile. Many thanks for posting!  ;)

• SeriousToni likes this

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#9 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:01 AM

If you're looking for other software that's good with ambient sounds, ASMR Universe is on Steam, it's 3 euro, and it has the ability to import custom sounds, have sound paths, and save .wavs. I've not tried it, and think for that price it's more of a toy thing than a robust ambient sound utility, but it's worth checking out imo.

• SeriousToni and Anderson like this

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users