The Dark Mod Forums

Discord TDM Hangout

Epifire

fc0b01fe10a0b8c602fb0106d8189d9b.png

Want to chat with the folks here while working on that new FM? Or just chill with fellow TDM goers? Look no further, we now have Discord!

Download! https://discordapp.com/download

Can be ran through browser optionally

TDM Channel: https://discord.gg/0pXtSX7AX7m2noV9

Bump this thread if this link needs refreshed!

The chat app is completely free and is geared towards us gamers. So unlike dumb things with Skype or Teamspeak, it's simpler and is easier to navigate. We're hoping to get a standardized chat room (with various categories) in place where people can talk one on one about projects, or just for coordinating on playing online matches with folks here from the forums.

Took me a while to get around to this as I was offline for probably like a month before getting my internet back. So pardon my dumbness of most things interwebs! :wacko:

Otherwise if you have any requests for specific channels you'd like to see added let us know. We're just getting things setup for the first time, so currently it's still a little bare.

Edited by Epifire
  • Like 3

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

Currently Me and Bikerdude were trying to setup the servers before I went offline for a while. We had Xarg and Goldwell in there last night, so we're starting to get more people involved.

I myself just leave Discord running for whenever I'm online.

Also as a note, it's super easy to transfer files and screenshots as I've found out.

I've tried stuff with Skype before and it's slower than molasses. Kinda one of those things you can chat and toss stuff back and forth if you're working directly with someone on a project. I did that when working on a simple mesh a couple nights back and it worked great. Good for quick feedback.